The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote:

Braves score 6 in the top of the 1st against the Cubs- Lets go Braves
5 HRs in the first inning. 4 for Atl and 1 for Cubs.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

113C31202736216162530 wrote:

Reminds me of that crazy game between the Phillies and Cubs when the Phillies won 23-22. I think it was the same year the bucs won their last World Series
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

744A4F47544C4C476742554611230 wrote:

Reminds me of that crazy game between the Phillies and Cubs when the Phillies won 23-22. I think it was the same year the bucs won their last World Series
Yes, 1979. I have a tape of the radio broadcast of that game. Imagine having 22 runs in the 10th innings and still needing to get someone on base.  :)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 5170.shtml

Phils batted around in top of first and pitcher Randy Lerch hit a HR. But he didn't make it thru the bottom of the first as the Cubs scored 6.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote:

Yes, 1979. I have a tape of the radio broadcast of that game. Imagine having 22 runs in the 10th innings and still needing to get someone on base.  :)

Phils batted around in top of first and pitcher Randy Lerch hit a HR. But he didn't make it thru the bottom of the first as the Cubs scored 6.
The bucs were the only team in the NL Central to win today. The winner of this division (which is mediocre at best) could finish under 500 (80-820 Thanks for the info on that 1979 game
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote:

The bucs were the only team in the NL Central to win today. The winner of this division (which is mediocre at best) could finish under 500 (80-820 Thanks for the info on that 1979 game
80-82
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

092429383F2E39797A4B0 wrote:

Oakland A"s have won 8 in a row
SteadyFreddy

The other games

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote:

The bucs were the only team in the NL Central to win today. The winner of this division (which is mediocre at best) could finish under 500 (80-820 Thanks for the info on that 1979 game I mentioned this last week that the NL Central this season looks very average at best. It’s a big reason why I think the Pirates will not be historically bad this season and they will win their share of games and series on occasion enough to keep from losing 115-120 games like so many have predicted. I for one am very surprised this team is 7-9 through 16 games and have done so with their starting pitching being a complete mess at times and also without their “best player” I guess you can say in Ke’Bryan Hayes. Getting Hayes back makes this lineup and team better and I think the Pirates can hang around a little bit longer here in the standings and won’t be completely buried going into May like so many thought they would be.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

436475717469566275747469100 wrote:

The bucs were the only team in the NL Central to win today. The winner of this division (which is mediocre at best) could finish under 500 (80-820 Thanks for the info on that 1979 game I mentioned this last week that the NL Central this season looks very average at best. It’s a big reason why I think the Pirates will not be historically bad this season and they will win their share of games and series on occasion enough to keep from losing 115-120 games like so many have predicted. I for one am very surprised this team is 7-9 through 16 games and have done so with their starting pitching being a complete mess at times and also without their “best player” I guess you can say in Ke’Bryan Hayes. Getting Hayes back makes this lineup and team better and I think the Pirates can hang around a little bit longer here in the standings and won’t be completely buried going into May like so many thought they would beq quote]

I am sure they will be sellers at the deadline. It looks like Rodrigues will go . Sadly Poloanco won't
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

200D00111607105053620 wrote:

Cutch not in the starting line-up tonight- Giants vs. Phillies
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

173A37262130276764550 wrote:

Oakland A's extend win steak to 10 with a Double Header win over the Twins