The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

We are all buc fans ( frustrating as it is) I thought some members

might be interested in reading some tidbits about other games. Feel free to post something that others might find interesting. For instance- Patrick Corbin of the Nationals gave up 10 runs in the first two innings last night night against the Diamondbacks. The interesting thing was that no one was warming up in the pen the whole time
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5866636B7860606B4B6E796A3D0F0 wrote: We are all buc fans ( frustrating as it is) I thought some members

might be interested in reading some tidbits about other games. Feel free to post something that others might find interesting. For instance- Patrick Corbin of the Nationals gave up 10 runs in the first two innings last night night against the Diamondbacks. The interesting thing was that no one was warming up in the pen the whole time
I should add that Josh Harrison booted a double play ball with the bases loaded
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

Seems like this is a good thread to tag at the top. :)
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

7A4441495A424249694C5B481F2D0 wrote: We are all buc fans ( frustrating as it is) I thought some members

I'm glad you did this. I like talking about baseball, not just the Pirates. We know where that conversation eventually leads anyhow.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1A3C3B2E272B3C2A22490 wrote: We are all buc fans ( frustrating as it is) I thought some members

I'm glad you did this. I like talking about baseball, not just the Pirates. We know where that conversation eventually leads anyhow.
Thank you Surg!
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single. What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

MLB is littered with questionable choices.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

77494C44574F4F446441564512200 wrote: We are all buc fans ( frustrating as it is) I thought some members

I should add that Josh Harrison booted a double play ball with the bases loaded

Speaking of Harrison, I just learned the other day that Jordy Mercer is also playing with Washington. Along with Bell, the Nats could have three-quarters of a Pirates infield.
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

604641545D51465058330 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

MLB is littered with questionable choice.
And it wasn't a case of a hole at 3B. The infielders were in normal position and it looked like he was aiming it toward 1B. :-?
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

634542575E5245535B300 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

Baez is in the mold of Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. Oodles of potential physical talent sitting beneath an empty cranium. He's also too busy trying to be the coolest kid in class. If he had the drive of a Pudge Rodriquez he'd be a Hall of Fame candidate.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

144254404F55454E435466414B474F4A0845260 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

Baez is in the mold of Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. Oodles of potential physical talent sitting beneath an empty cranium.  He's also too busy trying to be the coolest kid in class.  If he had the drive of a Pudge Rodriquez he'd be a Hall of Fame candidate.

Braves beat the Cubs 5-2. The Bucs and Cubs are now tied for 4th. A win tonight against doc's beloved Brewers and the bucs are out of the cellar