The season's hanging by a thread, thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Lose 1-0 against the Brewers bullpen?

In looking for the right word to describe this....
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

2522343C3225626E17303A363E3B7934383A570 wrote: Lose 1-0 against the Brewers bullpen?

In looking for the right word to describe this....
How bout GARBAGE
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1314020A0413545821060C00080D4F020E0C610 wrote: Lose 1-0 against the Brewers bullpen?

In looking for the right word to describe this.... Hurdle's the men battled excuse after this close losses are getting old and tiresome. You gotta win some of these games battling isn't good enough. You're running out of time and games here. Tired of hearing the same old crap from Clint it's frustrating.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Coming off the fiasco at Wrigley, I said this had to be a 7-3 homestand at worst ... 2-1 vs. MIL, 2-1 vs. STL and 3-1 vs. the Reds.

It can still happen ... except the only problem is I just don't think this team is capable of doing it.

The pitching is so much better now but the offense is WRETCHED. PATHETIC. HOPELESS. INEXCUSABLE.

You cannot get shutout by the MILWAUKEE BREWERS bullpen.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Gotta be right near the top of the list for worst losses of the year (and it's quite a list):

* Brewers use bullpen for 6 innings

* Brewers get 3 hits

* But Pirates lose

BucAndEer

Post by BucAndEer »

I've made this point on other social media but I'll echo it here. Just in the past few weeks, this team has:

-- Gone 5-1 on a West Coast trip

-- Gone 1-5 on a homestand

-- Won 4 straight

-- Lost 4 straight

That adds up to .500, and that's sadly all this team is. A .500 team.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

As I pointed out last night these next two games with the Brewers with exactly 30 games left are absolute MUST win games especially with the Cards coming in here starting on Monday. My hope is the Pirates get the next two and the Reds beat the Cards at least one of these next two games and we start the Cards series on Monday 1.5 behind them for the wildcard. I'm with you too Carolina this was just a terrible loss all around. Just bad baserunning as usual, no clutch hitting and just a lack of focus it seems like. Need these next two games can't stress it enough. One more loss against this team would be an absolute killer.
mouse

Post by mouse »

As a side note, I see where the Cubs win last night put them forty (40) games over .500.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/p ... s-over-500
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I told everybody on here at the start of the season that the Cubs were going to win around 105-110 games and a lot of people said no way it would happen. The Pirates front office in spring training and the offseason made arrogant comments when asked about the Cubs saying we will see where they are during the season. Well guess what as of last night the Cubs are 19 games ahead of the Pirates. They are better then the Pirates overall this season and it's not even close. The Pirates have a long way to go to catch up to where the Cubs are right now.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Harrison's getting thrown out at 3B was a killer. After his single, the Bucs were given a gift when the pickoff throw got away. Runner on 2B and nobody out...right? Oh no. Let's give the gift back and then some. Sofield is waving him to 3B with no outs. Perez is releasing the ball as Harrison rounds 2B. He is out by several steps. The hackneyed excuse of "it took a perfect throw to get him" is offered. No it didn't. The ball arrived several steps before Harrison got there. Villar could have snagged an imperfect throw and still had time to set up for the tag. I can't stand Sofield as a 3B coach or Harrison's fool heartiness on the bases. Quite a combo. But this is mostly on Sofield. He has never shown any indication that he has the good sense to coach 3B.

As usual, the team fails to fire on all cylinders. If they get good pitching, the hitting sacks. Or visa versa. Or the coaching sucks. It's always something to prevent the team from gaining any momentum. 4 straight wins followed by 4 straight losses. Welcome to .500 baseball. 15-15 in last 30 games. This is NOT a team hard charging for a playoff spot.