The season's hanging by a thread, thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Ok, everybody's given up, almost. But not the loyal worldwide army of OBN. Can anyone imagine Possum hiding under a bed in fear? Bobster wearing a disguise going AWOL to avoid conflict on the frontline, or Freddy having a harsh word for our favorite band of Pirates? Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Buccos must go 8-2.

Marte just stole a double out of a single. A good sign for a big inning.

Tallion looking good with a 2 hitter through 4.
rucker59@gmail.com

Hit batter comes around to score.

Brewers with a commanding 1-0 lead. Hard to imagine Pirates coming back from this hole.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Everybody losing tonight as well the Pirates need to lose. How many golden opportunities can the Pirates continue to blow here?? They are starting to run out of games here.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'll say it again. I don't understand this team.

How in the world are they getting shutout by a Brewers bullpen that had to enter the game after 3.1 innings?

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Does Cervelli ever throw anybody out trying to steal anymore?? Seems like people just steal bases at will on the Pirates anymore.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I said this before about Cervelli that right now this 13 million a year signing doesn't look good. Cervelli has had a terrible season. For 13 million a season he had better get a lot better next season both offensively and defensively and from a health standpoint as well. Just not good enough for what they are paying this guy.
rucker59@gmail.com

5A7D6C686D704F7B6C6D6D70090 wrote: I said this before about Cervelli that right now this 13 million a year signing doesn't look good. Cervelli has had a terrible season. For 13 million a season he had better get a lot better next season both offensively and defensively and from a health standpoint as well. Just not good enough for what they are paying this guy.

I was all in on Cervelli. But he's not getting it done. He can make big plays (like the two tags in game 1 in Chicago) but overall very disappointing.

This whole lineup is putrid. Can't go into next season with it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another chance to get one stinkin run to tie this game and keep it going. This would be a terrible way to start this long homestand by losing to this pathetic Brewers team 1-0.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Terrible at bat by Cervelli after the Freese walk. Just a pathetic game to lose tonight. This team just does not have it this season. The Pirates just can't continue to wait to start stringing wins together especially whenever everybody else is losing. Very very frustrating to watch night in and night out. You absolutely now MUST win these next two games of this Brewers series before the Cards come in here on Monday. Cards lose tonight and so do the Mets so we don't lose any ground.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

That might have been it guys. Season. Over. (unless I just did a reverse curse)

When you lose 8-7 or 5-4 or 1-0 you don't have a team that can hold on or come back often enough over a whole season

One encouraging note, we have 3 rookies in the rotation, all have era's under 4.00. I'm, at least, encouraged by that.

8-)