Could First Wave Of Changes Begin Tomorrow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

The big concern here, as Bobster notes, is that their idea of changes may be to toodle with the salvaged pitchers. NH keeps comparing this season to 2012 - that sounds to me like he thinks not much is needed.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Oh yeah, no argument here--i don't know what needs changed but there needs to be an overhaul
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

36342E283E5B0 wrote: The big concern here, as Bobster notes, is that their idea of changes may be to toodle with the salvaged pitchers. NH keeps comparing this season to 2012 - that sounds to me like he thinks not much is needed.

if he thinks it, it is just more proof he needs to go. On the other hand he probably needs to stay as positive as possible for image purposes.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

The only announcement forthcoming will be that the team has added additional fireworks nights and a special bobble head of Felipe Vazquez in a prison cell.

However I did read an article today in USA Today that claimed that Joe Maddon would be let go. Do you want him instead of Hurdle? I don’t
BenM

Post by BenM »

Ned Yost announced his retirement.

That will make Hurdle the third highest paid manager in baseball.

(Behind Maddon and Francona.)
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

45606363765D60686A7D0F0 wrote: The only announcement forthcoming will be that the team has added additional fireworks nights and a special bobble head of  Felipe  Vazquez in a prison cell.

However I did read an article today in USA Today that claimed that Joe Maddon would be let go. Do you want him instead of Hurdle? I don’t

The only reason I would want Maddon is to watch him struggle with this team and still try to come off as brilliant. As long as I am watching this terrible team, I might enjoy watching him lose 100 games.

I do not like the Brewers much but if the Pirates can win and knock the Cubs out of the playoffs that is at least a little joy that this season can bring me.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

he's the worst.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

We are signing Wong, the kid that was just dumped by Tampa.

In all seriousness, I don't expect anything to happen that is significant. I've seen this movie too many times.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

6D484B4B5E7548404255270 wrote:

Good grief. This is the nightmare post of the year!

Maddon? Wow, and I thought the HeII of a season was only a few games from over ...
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6E434E5F58495E1E1D2C0 wrote: There's an article on pirateball.com that says Huntington doing assessment and nothing will happen until the season ends --

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... vs-brewers
Who's assessing Huntington?

There is the real question. A GM worth his salt wouldn't have allowed a 3 year extension on CH his contract after 2 bad years. He's shown no ability to draft talent, or to even recognize talent in the organization.