Could First Wave Of Changes Begin Tomorrow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since they have lost 9 games in a row, and with an off day tomorrow I just wonder if the Pirates may have an announcement tomorrow. I just have this feeling that something is going to happen.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

262A2B7079707875726D77400 wrote: Since they have lost 9 games in a row, and with an off day tomorrow I just wonder if the Pirates may have an announcement tomorrow. I just have this feeling that something is going to happen.
I doubt it. And since Hurdle believes a day off means the most productive players should receive another day off after the day off I shudder to think what Tuesday's lineup will look like.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I was at an Applebees in Fort Payne Alabama at noon central time today.

Believe it or not ATT Sports Net Pittsburgh was showing on one of the televisions.

No sound, but I saw Clint being interviewed and clips shown about the 1979 World Series.

I didn't know until the end that it was a Pittsburgh based station so at first I thought it meant Clint had been fired.

Clint was quoted (by close captioning) with some platitudes but I didn't see him say anything significant.
mouse

Post by mouse »

At this point. I doubt we see any changes until the season is over. I'm thinking Hurdle retires. I see an encouraged retirement as more likely than his getting fired.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I think they'd be reluctant to send him off so close to the end and on a long losing streak. About the only way I'd see it happening is if there was someone they had to wrap up or lose to another team, and I don't think guys with options are joining the Pirates right now.
mouse

Post by mouse »

There's an article on pirateball.com that says Huntington doing assessment and nothing will happen until the season ends --

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... vs-brewers
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

22203A3C2A4F0 wrote: There's an article on pirateball.com that says Huntington doing assessment and nothing will happen until the season ends --

Who's assessing Huntington?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: There's an article on pirateball.com that says Huntington doing assessment and nothing will happen until the season ends --

either way I don't mind waiting until the end of the year.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

182A26263200232A27222D2A4B0 wrote: There's an article on pirateball.com that says Huntington doing assessment and nothing will happen until the season ends --

either way I don't mind waiting until the end of the year. 
Yes, I certainly don't expect changes now. Probably no significant changes after the season either.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I think there could be; but unless there's a guy you really want that's is going to take a job somewhere else, I don't see why you wouldn't just give someone the dignity of playing out the last week and a half of their season.