8/20 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings...continued...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: Kuhl looks to keep up his streak to start his career...

But for me, all eyes are on #22 tonight...after the disappointing end last night, I want to see how he responds. I think that will tell us more than anything about how this season will finish up.
Missing a fly ball didn't help.
Taking a 3rd strike down the middle of the plate with a runner on 2B and 2 outs didn't help.

Swinging at a 3-2 pitch that was 2 feet out of the strike zone leading off the 9th puts the finishing touches on a very poorly played game by Cutch
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Embarrassing... I don't understand this team...
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

41667773766B54607776766B120 wrote: Need to win tomorrow now after losing these first two games. This is very frustrating to come home after a great West Coast trip and lose these first two games to the Marlins. The guy pitching for Miami tomorrow has a terrible ERA so need Vogelsong to come up big tomorrow and need to score some runs. You can't get swept at home in this series if you're the Pirates you gotta get at least one game in this series tomorrow. Again though it's extremely frustrating to let Miami come in here and win the first two games of this series when they were struggling a ton the last two weeks or so. Especially when you had a chance to really put a lot of seperation in the standings between them.

may not mean anything but could mean something. the Marlins front office has been involved in lots of rumors about moves to improve the team. I think in some cases teams feed off that (can't work all the time because other teams in those situations collapse) but Marlins came into Pittsburgh and took control of their situation. The Bucs need to beat them tomorrow.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Kuhl looks to keep up his streak to start his career...

But for me, all eyes are on #22 tonight...after the disappointing end last night, I want to see how he responds. I think that will tell us more than anything about how this season will finish up.
Missing a fly ball didn't help.
Taking a 3rd strike down the middle of the plate with a runner on 2B and 2 outs didn't help.

It was a ball...that being said, I'm pretty disappointed after last night and the pathetic effort in the 9th...Rodney threw him two very hittable fastballs, then he chases a terrible ball 4....even Marte was like, bro how did you chase that pitch?
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

042924353223347477460 wrote: So here's the way it looks to be: the Fish are better than the Pirates. 

Better pitchers, better defenders and better at the plate. 
Yeah but other than that, we've got it all over them!

Mattingly has totally turned this team around, and they certainly look to be a good team and one that I don't see the Pirates beating them out in the wild card. Not sure why Mattingly never got over the hump with LA but I think that team would be impossible to manage all those ego's.
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

6E767473736475726F6E781D0 wrote: So here's the way it looks to be: the Fish are better than the Pirates. 

Better pitchers, better defenders and better at the plate. 
Yeah but other than that, we've got it all over them!

Mattingly has totally turned this team around, and they certainly look to be a good team and one that I don't see the Pirates beating them out in the wild card.   Not sure why Mattingly never got over the hump with LA but I think that team would be impossible to manage all those ego's.   

I'm not sure if the Marlins are going to have depth to hold up without Stanton. I also think they're a bad match up more than they are a better team. Their roster looks like it's composed to beat the shift with a top of the order full of hitters who spray line drives all over the field. That's kind of kryptonite to the Pirates philosophy.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Bucs are certainly in position to take one of wild card spots.

However, they need to take care of business by winning. Can't depend on other teams to falter.

Pirates will go back ahead of Marlins with a win today.