8/20 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings...continued...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Kuhl looks to keep up his streak to start his career...

But for me, all eyes are on #22 tonight...after the disappointing end last night, I want to see how he responds. I think that will tell us more than anything about how this season will finish up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

576160777C7D6775567B6767140 wrote: Kuhl looks to keep up his streak to start his career...

But for me, all eyes are on #22 tonight...after the disappointing end last night, I want to see how he responds. I think that will tell us more than anything about how this season will finish up.
Missing a fly ball didn't help.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Kuhl looks to keep up his streak to start his career...

Missing a fly ball didn't help.
Taking a 3rd strike down the middle of the plate with a runner on 2B and 2 outs didn't help.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not looking good tonight down 3-0 in the 7th inning. Very disappointing start to a series the Pirates really needed to win. That's why it's still way too premature to say this team was completely out of the funk they were in.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

So here's the way it looks to be: the Fish are better than the Pirates.

Better pitchers, better defenders and better at the plate.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2A2D3B333D2A6D61183F35393134763B3735580 wrote: So here's the way it looks to be: the Fish are better than the Pirates. 

Better pitchers, better defenders and better at the plate. 
Yeah but other than that, we've got it all over them!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Phillies up 4-2 on the Cards in the 7th. Hopefully the Bucs can make a comeback here but they really need to win tomorrow and avoid a sweep in this series at all costs.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Got at least a shot off Rodney who has been shaky in the 9th with Cutch,Polanco,Freese due up and Bell in the hole to follow.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Need to win tomorrow now after losing these first two games. This is very frustrating to come home after a great West Coast trip and lose these first two games to the Marlins. The guy pitching for Miami tomorrow has a terrible ERA so need Vogelsong to come up big tomorrow and need to score some runs. You can't get swept at home in this series if you're the Pirates you gotta get at least one game in this series tomorrow. Again though it's extremely frustrating to let Miami come in here and win the first two games of this series when they were struggling a ton the last two weeks or so. Especially when you had a chance to really put a lot of seperation in the standings between them.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cutch is back to killing this team again the last two games. He grounded into a double play with the bases loaded last night to end the game which was a huge at-bat. And tonight he missed a fly ball he should have had that lead to a run, and he swung at an absolutely terrible pitch against Rodney in the 9th on a 3-2 pitch which would have been a leadoff walk and could have changed the entire complexion of that 9th inning. Not a good last two games for Cutch at all.