The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

MLB is littered with questionable choices.

Baez is in the mold of Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. Oodles of potential physical talent sitting beneath an empty cranium.  He's also too busy trying to be the coolest kid in class.  If he had the drive of a Pudge Rodriquez he'd be a Hall of Fame candidate.

Braves beat the Cubs 5-2. The Bucs and Cubs are now tied for 4th. A win tonight against doc's beloved Brewers and the bucs are out of the cellar

Only if you think "out of the cellar" includes standing on the first step on the stairs leading out of the basement.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1E485E4A455F4F44495E6C4B414D4540024F2C0 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

Baez is in the mold of Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. Oodles of potential physical talent sitting beneath an empty cranium.  He's also too busy trying to be the coolest kid in class.  If he had the drive of a Pudge Rodriquez he'd be a Hall of Fame candidate.

Braves beat the Cubs 5-2. The Bucs and Cubs are now tied for 4th. A win tonight against doc's beloved Brewers and the bucs are out of the cellar

Only if you think "out of the cellar" includes standing on the first step on the stairs leading out of the basement.

:D
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

Currently watching the Phillies- Cardinals- prior to Bucs- Brewers.

Cutch is only batting 137. I know he was a habitually slow starter while he was with the bucs. However, at his age, it could be a concern.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

605E5B53405858537356415205370 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

Cutch is only batting 137. I know he was a habitually slow starter while he was with the bucs. However, at his age, it could be a concern.

I'd be real surprised if he has even an average year left in him. He's just a shadow of the player he used to be. It happens to all of them.
shedman

The other games

Post by shedman »

184E584C435949424F586A4D474B434604492A0 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

I'd be real surprised if he has even an average year left in him.  He's just a shadow of the player he used to be.  It happens to all of them.

_______

I would take Braun over Alford, Difo, Polanco, or Fowler even right now.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

3F242928212D224C0 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

I'd be real surprised if he has even an average year left in him.  He's just a shadow of the player he used to be.  It happens to all of them.

_______

I'd take Mrs. Braun over Alford, Difo, Polanco, or Fowler.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6B3D2B3F302A3A313C2B193E34383035773A590 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

_______

tough day for Josh Bell 0-5

Good matchup tonight Kershaw vs. Darvish
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5E60656D7E66666D4D687F6C3B090 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

_______

tough day for Josh Bell 0-5

Good matchup tonight Kershaw vs. Darvish
Kershaw out duels Darvish 2-0. Dodgers 13-2. Must be nice to spend money!
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

247264707F65757E736456717B777F7A3875160 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

_______

This stat surprised me. Aaron Nola, who has been the ace of the Phillies Staff for four years pitched his first 9 inning complete game today. Shut out the Cards 2-0. Today was his 143rd career start. I know that this is the era of the set up man and the closer, but I would have thought that Nola would have pitched a complete game at some point
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3B6D7B6F607A6A616C7B496E64686065276A090 wrote: Cubs down 3 in the bottom of the 8th, lead off single.  What does fearsome slugger Javier Baez do? Tries to BUNT....and pops out to the catcher.

_______

Braves score 6 in the top of the 1st against the Cubs- Lets go Braves