5/2 Game Thread - Glasnow v Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Considering that lineup, and the way we like to make errors, and Glasnow starting, and Billy Hamilton most likely going 4-4 and stealing 9 bases, and the fact that we haven't beaten the Reds since about 2015 ... I don't like our chances tonight.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5D7F6C717277707F5C6B7D7D711E0 wrote: Considering that lineup, and the way we like to make errors, and Glasnow starting, and Billy Hamilton most likely going 4-4 and stealing 9 bases, and the fact that we haven't beaten the Reds since about 2015 ... I don't like our chances tonight.

To be honest, if it was Harrison, Bell, McCutchen, Kang, Marte, Polanco, Cervelli, Mercer, Nova - YOU wouldn't have liked their chances either.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Hurdles just throwing it against the wall tonight.   That is easily the WORST defensive outfield you'll see on the field at one time in the majors this year.

For any team, not for us. 

With Glasnow pitching, Reds will be in auto-steal mode.  Diaz has a rocket maybe he'll be able to cut one of them down.   Happy to see Diaz up and playing. Cervelli is one of the more overrated players on this team. Has a glass jaw and hasn't produced since his contract.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I know that the options are limited and that the team is really banged up right now, but I believe NH must go look for another outfielder.

A team of light hitting infield reserves doesn't make it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates have been treading water now for a month after 25 games playing at or below .500 but if they continue to throw out lineups like this every now and then their record will continue to get worse and worse. Either the defense or the offense really need to step up and help out this starting pitching staff who has been quite good so far through 25 games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Well, there's the obligatory Glasnow lead off walk to Hamilton and ensuing SB.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Ok. Three batters. Two walks. Two SBs. One 3-run HR. Can we PLEASE stop pretending like Glasnow is a MLB pitcher.

[Edit: 4 batters. Three walks. Two SBs. One 3-run HR.]

I guess with Jaso hitting 4th, the Reds know they better stockpile some runs tonight.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Glass Case has showed up again tonight. Bucs on their way to being 0-5 against the Reds. The fact that we have people on here showing the standings like this Pirates team is actually going to compete for a playoff spot is a joke. THIS IS NOT A GOOD BASEBALL TEAM!!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This has to be Glasnow's last start before returning to AAA. They can choose between LeBlanc, Williams or Brault. How can they keep subverting the efforts of the other 24 players by sending him out there to embarrass himself and dig an early inning hole?
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Well, I think we broke Glasnow this offseason.

Oh, and Jaso is a giant waste of space...