Game Thread vs. Phils

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates had lost 140 consecutive times when trailing after 8 innings going back to 2014.
Bobster21

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

Sean Rodriguez last night set career highs in HRs (13) and RBIs (43). :)
MaineBucs

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by MaineBucs »

Nice HR by S-Rod to help salvage a game that the Pirates should have been winning all along.

Unfortunately, it came too late in the season to make much of a difference. By the end of the year I am uncertain if any of the team's bigger HR bats, McCutchen, Polanco and Kang, will even have a .260 average on the season. So disappointing.
mouse

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by mouse »

Is there any feedback on how Frazier looked at second last night? I was only able to see the beginning of the game and didn't see any chances he might have had.
UtahPirate

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by UtahPirate »

466B66777061763635040 wrote: Sean Rodriguez last night set career highs in HRs (13) and RBIs (43).  :)

If you add this game in a column of best Bucco game offensive highlights, how many of those "moments" have been provided by a bench player rather than a starter? I'm glad SRod has had such a good season, Joyce as well. Just think where we would be without the best bench we've had in a long time...
Bobster21

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

36342E283E5B0 wrote: Is there any feedback on how Frazier looked at second last night? I was only able to see the beginning of the game and didn't see any chances he might have had.
He committed an error on a fairly routine grounder that enabled a run to score.
mouse

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by mouse »

Well, that's unfortunate. Scoring runs is hard enough without having to score make-up runs as well.

And thanks for the update.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

That stinks. He also knocked in a run but was out trying to stretch it into a double. I just read the box score, was that a smart play by him to run or didn't he read the cut off properly?
Bobster21

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

747F777B7E7F642127506971787F7F3E737F100 wrote: That stinks.  He also knocked in a run but was out trying to stretch it into a double.  I just read the box score, was that a smart play by him to run or didn't he read the cut off properly?
He had no chance.
MaineBucs

Game Thread vs. Phils

Post by MaineBucs »

Frasier did not distinguish himself in the field. Not much time left in the season, but they should give him regular starts at 2nd to see if he settles down. Also should give some playing time to Hanson instead of using him only as PH or PR.