Good luck, Chuck. ..

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by Roberto218 »

Ground Chuck will be Filet Mignon Chuck if he wins game 7! There have been some Bucs who have been severely criticized at times who have done good work elsewhere. BTW, if Yankees win World Series, remember that the Bucs took 2 out of 3 from them in April! I made a thousand mile roundtriip for that series. Which would make Bucs real champions? Not really but we can pretend!
IABucFan

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by IABucFan »

Since when did Morton throw 97?
JollyRoger

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by JollyRoger »

Ground Chuck was indeed Filet Mignon Chuck tonight.

I’m happy for him
IABucFan

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by IABucFan »

Either Morton or Tony Watson are going to win a World Series. Two very deserving guys.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Morton and Watson were at lunch together before Pirates Fest when Morton found out he was traded.

Morton now has the lowest career winning percentage to start and win a LCS in an elimination game.

McCullers, who relieved Morton, ended the game with 28 consecutive curve balls.
PMike

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by PMike »

477468696A625469726E7572636F68060 wrote: On paper, Morton and Sabathia look like a pretty good match up this year.  I'm hoping the home crowd can give Charlie a boost and he can shut the Yankees down for five innings.

Nailed it!
skinnyhorse

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by skinnyhorse »

524F6B6967020 wrote: On paper, Morton and Sabathia look like a pretty good match up this year.  I'm hoping the home crowd can give Charlie a boost and he can shut the Yankees down for five innings.

Nailed it!

I remember when Charlie would pitch for us a few good inning and then have a complete meltdown and our great manager CH would leave him in until we were completely out of the game. Sounds like he went back to his original pitching style. I really believe the Pirates try and change players instead of letting them do what got them to the big leagues. I remember they wanted to change Kang's leg kick, and that's just stupid. These kinds of things are why I just have no respect for Clint, Morton goes to another teams and a manager that knows how to best use him, he always had great stuff.
Bobster21

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by Bobster21 »

21393B3C3C2B3A3D202137520 wrote: On paper, Morton and Sabathia look like a pretty good match up this year.  I'm hoping the home crowd can give Charlie a boost and he can shut the Yankees down for five innings.

Nailed it!

I remember when Charlie would pitch for us a few good inning and then have a complete meltdown and our great manager CH would leave him in until we were completely out of the game.  Sounds like he went back to his  original pitching style.  I really believe the Pirates try and change players instead of letting them do what got them to the big leagues.  I remember they wanted to change Kang's leg kick, and that's just stupid.   These kinds of things are why I just have no respect for Clint, Morton goes to another teams and a manager that knows how to best use him, he always had great stuff.
Prior to the Nutting/NH regime, they decided to change Zach Duke's delivery after his rookie season when he went 8-2 with a 1.81 ERA. He was never much good after that.
PMike

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by PMike »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: On paper, Morton and Sabathia look like a pretty good match up this year.  I'm hoping the home crowd can give Charlie a boost and he can shut the Yankees down for five innings.

Nailed it!

I remember when Charlie would pitch for us a few good inning and then have a complete meltdown and our great manager CH would leave him in until we were completely out of the game.  Sounds like he went back to his  original pitching style.  I really believe the Pirates try and change players instead of letting them do what got them to the big leagues.  I remember they wanted to change Kang's leg kick, and that's just stupid.   These kinds of things are why I just have no respect for Clint, Morton goes to another teams and a manager that knows how to best use him, he always had great stuff.
Prior to the Nutting/NH regime, they decided to change Zach Duke's delivery after his rookie season when he went 8-2 with a 1.81 ERA. He was never much good after that.

Well, he's still pitching in the majors after 13 years!

A guy at church was friends with Zach Duke. He said in hindsight, Duke regretted listening to the coaching after his MLB success.
Bobster21

Good luck, Chuck. ..

Post by Bobster21 »

1D002426284D0 wrote: On paper, Morton and Sabathia look like a pretty good match up this year.  I'm hoping the home crowd can give Charlie a boost and he can shut the Yankees down for five innings.

Nailed it!

Well, he's still pitching in the majors after 13 years!

A guy at church was friends with Zach Duke.  He said in hindsight, Duke regretted listening to the coaching after his MLB success.
It shows the market for LH pitching. Someone's always willing to take a chance on a LH pitcher. Since being traded to AZ by the Pirates in Nov 2010, he played 1 year for AZ (ERA 4.93) and was released. Signed with Houston in 1/12 and was released after spring training. Signed with Nats in 3/12 and stayed in AAA until being a Sept callup. Released in 2013 with an 8.71 ERA. Stayed in AAA until 8/30/13 and then released after the season. Went to Brewers and had a good season in 2014. Then went to White Sox and Cardinals. He's actually been pretty effective as a reliever since 2014. But his ERA from 2006 (when they changed his motion) thru 2013 was 4.80.