Deadline watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

Deadline watch

Post by INbuc »

5E737E6F68796E2E2D1C0 wrote: I'm glad to see Gamel stay. He's a good veteran to have with so many young players on the team. And they wouldn't have gotten much for him anyway.

Me too. He isn’t a star, but he is a gamer, plays hard, and is someone you can respect.
ChillinStation

Deadline watch

Post by ChillinStation »

How come the Padres have so much money ?

I have never even met a person who is a Padres fan.

Do they have a big TV contract ? Are the seats full every night?

What gives, they just keep on handing out big FA deals , and now add Soto. >:(
JollyRoger

Deadline watch

Post by JollyRoger »

0F2425202025221F382D382523224C0 wrote: How come the Padres have so much money ?

I have never even met a person who is a Padres fan.

Do they have a big TV contract ? Are the seats full every night?

What gives, they just keep on handing out big FA deals , and now add Soto. >:(

The Padres are 5th in attendance averaging over 37,000 a game.

Petco Park holds 42,000. They don’t have the big TV and Radio deals like the big market clubs. I think the fact that San Diego has never won a major sports championship, and in fact lost the Chargers to LA has incentivized Padre management to go for it and finally take down the Dodgers and hopefully win a World Series
Bobster21

Deadline watch

Post by Bobster21 »

bump
ArnoldRothstein

Deadline watch

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I was thinking about Gamel: he may have some face-of-the-franchise value now. There's not a lot of clips they can put in ads right now.
Ecbucs

Deadline watch

Post by Ecbucs »

172438393A320439223E2522333F38560 wrote: I was thinking about Gamel: he may have some face-of-the-franchise value now. There's not a lot of clips they can put in ads right now.

Since Gamel wasn't dealt I wonder if Bucs are going to try and sign him for next year? Even a two year deal.

I don't think he would get more than 2 years on open market. Of course the Bucs will need to pay market rate to keep him. I could see him being valuable to the Bucs for the next couple of years.