4/10 game thread vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

48756B666963684A6275646263070 wrote: Color me impressed.  All around.

I do t know if the Pirates win today, but this is an entirely different team than last year.  This has been an impressive display of smart and timely hitting. 

Dickerson is a player.  Moran is a player. Jhay, Bell, Polanco, on and on - this is not a fluke.

I think their string of left handed batters can be too much for not so good RH starters. I don't think a guy like Scherzer is going to have problems with it, but it can be taxing for RH starters to get good lefties out. And if they continue hitting, the pirates have 4 of those guys right now.

I agree with your thoughts - I can’t remember the Pirates having this versatility. They won’t see many Scherzer’s - I think this team is going to score A LOT more runs then most of us predicted.
OrlandoMerced

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by OrlandoMerced »

1215030B0512555920070D01090C4E030F0D600 wrote:

I agree with your thoughts - I can’t remember the Pirates having this versatility.  They won’t see many Scherzer’s - I think this team is going to score A LOT more runs then most of us predicted.

Right, there are few Scherzers. And when they face a lefty, they can swap in Freese. I do wish they had a better RH OF option to put in for Dickerson, and Polanco some nights. Wish Luplow had a better spring and start to the AAA season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Frazier hits lefties. Well, Frazier just hits.
rucker59@gmail.com

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

That’s a HUGE comeback by Nova against Schweber and now Russell.

Give up a lead off double and now a chance to shut the inning down: impressive!
rucker59@gmail.com

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Freese and Frazier can help Ckint our in so many ways - again, I don’t recall such Versatility.

And the bottom of the 4th Nova just wrapped up: I did not expect that performance out of him. He showed some impressive stuff.
ScottinMass

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by ScottinMass »

That's Amore....8-2 Pirates
rucker59@gmail.com

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

FRAN FRAN FRANCISCO!!!

Murders the ball.

8-2!
Osushawn

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by Osushawn »

Apparently all the Buccos need to do was to get rid of the bad apples Cutch and Cole.
JollyRoger

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

Post by JollyRoger »

Pinch me!!

Is this really happening!!

What an unbelievable start
rucker59@gmail.com

4/10 game thread vs Cubs

083432342F263029470 wrote: Apparently all the Buccos need to do was to get rid of the bad apples Cutch and Cole. 

;D