2017 Bucs Pitching Roster

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5773676F6A060 wrote: I agree with you regarding the Braves having a lot of needs. The one thing they do have however is a 'name' outfielder in Matt Kemp who has performed well since they acquired him earlier this year. A package including Cutch as you suggest might entice them to part with Teheran, but their front office declared earlier in the season that they wanted Teheran to be their opening day starter in their new stadium in 2017. But you never know...

As for Archer, the Rays, as you suggest, would have little or no interest in Cutch, but I'm sure they'd consider a deal involving Marte or Polanco.

IMO the best bet for an acquisition is Carrasco. The Indians are on the rise and currently have 35 year old Rajai Davis playing center field for them. The Indians have several good young pitchers so that trading Carrasco for Cutch might be something they could view as trading from strength for a need.

I'd be very happy if the Pirates were able to acquire any of those four.

If we are talking about Cleveland and Carrasco ... I'm not sure about trading Cutch straight up for him.  I would see if Cleveland would add Bobby Bradley in the deal.  I know the name is synonymous with failure or injury with this organization, but he is a stud 1B prospect and we don't have any of those with the questions surrounding  Bell's defense at first not being good enough.
Quail

Post by Quail »

1D0D0C3B2D2D214E0 wrote: I agree with you regarding the Braves having a lot of needs. The one thing they do have however is a 'name' outfielder in Matt Kemp who has performed well since they acquired him earlier this year. A package including Cutch as you suggest might entice them to part with Teheran, but their front office declared earlier in the season that they wanted Teheran to be their opening day starter in their new stadium in 2017. But you never know...

As for Archer, the Rays, as you suggest, would have little or no interest in Cutch, but I'm sure they'd consider a deal involving Marte or Polanco.

IMO the best bet for an acquisition is Carrasco. The Indians are on the rise and currently have 35 year old Rajai Davis playing center field for them. The Indians have several good young pitchers so that trading Carrasco for Cutch might be something they could view as trading from strength for a need.

I'd be very happy if the Pirates were able to acquire any of those four.

If we are talking about Cleveland and Carrasco ... I'm not sure about trading Cutch straight up for him.  I would see if Cleveland would add Bobby Bradley in the deal.  I know the name is synonymous with failure or injury with this organization, but he is a stud 1B prospect and we don't have any of those with the questions surrounding  Bell's defense at first not being good enough.

I would love to be able to acquire Bradley in the deal! With Cutch as the main trade chip, and his production in September having rebounded close to the level of his MVP year his value is certainly on the rise.