Saunders?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Saunders?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6B7C717575717B732B180 wrote: but thats the problem, there isnt a solid LF'er in front of any of them this year....last year, yes, i would have been giddy to have Saunders as a fourth OF'er before Marte left with his PED issue.  If this is what we have in LF, then i say just play Luplow and get him some AB's.  None of these guys are going to make a difference in a 75 win team. Yep these guys are nice pieces to have on a good team as a 4th or 5th outfielder and as a 24th or 25 th man, but not as a starting left fielder. Good teams don’t sign players like this to start on teams that are actually good and have a shot to contend.
Ecbucs

Saunders?

Post by Ecbucs »

5D7A6B6F6A77487C6B6A6A770E0 wrote: but thats the problem, there isnt a solid LF'er in front of any of them this year....last year, yes, i would have been giddy to have Saunders as a fourth OF'er before Marte left with his PED issue.  If this is what we have in LF, then i say just play Luplow and get him some AB's.  None of these guys are going to make a difference in a 75 win team. Yep these guys are nice pieces to have on a good team as a 4th or 5th outfielder and as a 24th or 25 th man, but not as a starting left fielder. Good teams don’t sign players like this to start on teams that are actually good and have a shot to contend.

I think Nava and Saunders are going into spring training as 4th adn 5th outfielders with Frazier and Luplow ahead of them.
INbuc

Saunders?

Post by INbuc »

The Pirates take on so many of these type guys. None are long-term answers. Sometimes I wonder if they sign them hoping they catch lightning-in-a-bottle over spring training, and can then flip them for some other uninspiring piece.
SCBucco

Saunders?

Post by SCBucco »

41565B5F5F5B515901320 wrote: but thats the problem, there isnt a solid LF'er in front of any of them this year....last year, yes, i would have been giddy to have Saunders as a fourth OF'er before Marte left with his PED issue.  If this is what we have in LF, then i say just play Luplow and get him some AB's.  None of these guys are going to make a difference in a 75 win team.

If you would have moved earlier, there were options. Tampa trades Souza, but signs Gomez. See what I'm saying. Pittsburgh trades Cutch ... waits and wait and waits ... gets a guy Boston essentially DFaed for cash and then gets a guy that was horrid in Philly.
SCBucco

Saunders?

Post by SCBucco »

6A4C4D5A4C5C2F0 wrote: but thats the problem, there isnt a solid LF'er in front of any of them this year....last year, yes, i would have been giddy to have Saunders as a fourth OF'er before Marte left with his PED issue.  If this is what we have in LF, then i say just play Luplow and get him some AB's.  None of these guys are going to make a difference in a 75 win team. Yep these guys are nice pieces to have on a good team as a 4th or 5th outfielder and as a 24th or 25 th man, but not as a starting left fielder. Good teams don’t sign players like this to start on teams that are actually good and have a shot to contend.

I think Nava and Saunders are going into spring training as 4th adn 5th outfielders with Frazier and Luplow ahead of them.

Yes, this is sadly true. However, again, if you are selling winning and being competitive, you can't sell these moves and that includes Frazier and Luplow. Pittsburgh doesn't win the free agent market at all. However, this was the year to be active as prices have drastically come down. Jose Bat; Gomez until today; Dyson yesterday ... CarGo ... even Moustakas at third were/are still out there. This was the free agent year Pittsburgh could have plucked one pretty decent player late due to whatever is going on. Instead ... Nava, Sanders and 29 year old rookie for cash. That isn't trying.
sdimmick3

Saunders?

Post by sdimmick3 »

you're right, that isnt trying, thats reminiscent of 21 years of losing
BucsFaninGA

Saunders?

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Guys, our club has no leadership on the frontend that is willing to spend $$ plain and simple. While NH irritates me towing the company line. Nutting is the genius behind all this penny pinching. No Deal Neal does what he can with the limited budget and resources. Nutting is the core problem and until he is sent packing, our club will always be dumpster divers...Love our Pirates, but geez, it is plain and evident, that management is cheap, cheap, cheappppp....I feel like a parrot mimicking that statement, but it is what it is....Beat'em Bucs 8-)
Ecbucs

Saunders?

Post by Ecbucs »

685F49596C4B4443446D6B2A0 wrote: Guys, our club has no leadership on the frontend that is willing to spend $$ plain and simple. While NH irritates me towing the company line. Nutting is the genius behind all this penny pinching. No Deal Neal does what he can with the limited budget and resources. Nutting is the core problem and until he is sent packing, our club will always be dumpster divers...Love our Pirates, but geez, it is plain and evident, that management is cheap, cheap, cheappppp....I feel like a parrot mimicking that statement, but it is what it is....Beat'em  Bucs   8-) 

cheap but not thrifty. A thrifty team would not waste as much as money as the Bucs do.
MaineBucs

Saunders?

Post by MaineBucs »

Michael Saunders. Looks like we barely knew you because the Bucs released you from your recent agreement with the Pirates so you could sign with the Royals after the Bucs acquired Dickerson.

Also a nice comment from Saunders' agent about Bucs management: Meister says the team “should be commended for their player-friendly, honest and transparent behavior.

Geez ---

NH actually finds a way to move Hudson off the team.

NH acquires Dickerson for little more money than what was owed Hudson.

And now a player agent is describing the Bucs as being a player friendly franchise.

It looks like David Freese's comments have shaken this organization to its core.
Ecbucs

Saunders?

Post by Ecbucs »

133F37303B1C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: Michael Saunders.   Looks like we barely knew you because the Bucs released you from your recent agreement with the Pirates so you could sign with the Royals after the Bucs acquired Dickerson. 

Also a nice comment from Saunders' agent about Bucs management:  Meister says the team “should be commended for their player-friendly, honest and transparent behavior.

Geez ---

NH actually finds a way to move Hudson off the team.

NH acquires Dickerson for little more money than what was owed Hudson.

And now a player agent is describing the Bucs as being a player friendly franchise. 

It looks like David Freese's comments have shaken this organization to its core.   

was nice of Bucs to let him go.