Post by mouse »

SammyKhalifa

Saunders?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

it's like they want to Voltron together a third outfielder
fjk090852-7

Saunders?

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Appears he and Nava will fight it out for one of the bench positions.
DemDog

Saunders?

Post by DemDog »

Looks like Nutting must be diversifying his assets. Newspapers, ski and golf resorts, baseball team and now a scrap dealer. Go figure on this one.
SteadyFreddy

Saunders?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The place is gonna explode at PNC Park when either Brentz,Nava, or Saunders catch the final out of the World Series in October this coming season. This is just more garbage being signed by a garbage owner and management team. Like why not at least take a look at guys like Dickerson or even someone like a Carlos Gonzalez or a Jon Jay who both are still free agents and players the Pirates could probably afford to sign.
SammyKhalifa

Saunders?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: The place is gonna explode at PNC Park when either Brentz,Nava, or Saunders catch the final out of the World Series in October this coming season. This is just more garbage being signed by a garbage owner and management team.
I actually don't have a problem with signings like this, but that's assuming our regular players are established. These guys are good sound contingencies if we already had a solid OF in front of them.
SCBucco

Saunders?

Post by SCBucco »

Total reclamation project. Typical
SteadyFreddy

Saunders?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1808093E2828244B0 wrote: Total reclamation project.  Typical Exactly like I posted earlier why not go after guys like Carlos Gonzalez, Jon Jay, or even someone like Carlos Gomez. All these guys at least have quality Major League experience and have some sort of pedigree and can make the Pirates a better team in 2018. But the Pirates decide to do the total opposite and go the cheap route and sign guys who are reclamation projects that most likely will never work out.
Ecbucs

Saunders?

Post by Ecbucs »

596B67677341626B66636C6B0A0 wrote: The place is gonna explode at PNC Park when either Brentz,Nava, or Saunders catch the final out of the World Series in October this coming season. This is just more garbage being signed by a garbage owner and management team.
I actually don't have a problem with signings like this, but that's assuming our regular players are established.  These guys are good sound contingencies if we already had a solid OF in front of them.

yep, a player like Nava or Saunders could have come in handy last year.
sdimmick3

Saunders?

Post by sdimmick3 »

but thats the problem, there isnt a solid LF'er in front of any of them this year....last year, yes, i would have been giddy to have Saunders as a fourth OF'er before Marte left with his PED issue. If this is what we have in LF, then i say just play Luplow and get him some AB's. None of these guys are going to make a difference in a 75 win team.