Favorite Pirate Utility Players

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I liked Paul Popovich for his name. Ed Kirkpatrick was a favorite and Kurt Bevequa (no idea how to spell it) too.

Also Gary Kolb.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Vic Davalillo is another name from the early 1970's Buccos that comes to mind! He was a big favorite of mine as well as Steady Eddie Kirkpatrick. Recall when Bucs got him from KC in deal...Well remember the off season deal that sent Kurt Bevacqua and Eddie to Pittsburgh for Nellie Briles and Fernando Gonzalez. There was a time when the Pirates were active in the off season. Good times when our Buccos were contenders and fun to watch!

Boy, we have good memories on this board! Enjoy the interaction

Beat'em Bucs! :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

What? No love for Abraham Nunez? Good glove/no bat (Except for his one year with Cards.) So naturally, Lloyd McClendon used him as his favorite pinch-hitter where he had a career PH average of .152. And then he usually wasn't around for late inning defense. Yeah, that Lloyd sure could manage! ::)
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I had forgotten about Lee Lacy. Are John Milner and Mike Easler considered utility for their roles as pinch hitters? Wehner's early years could also be considered as a utility guy.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Mike Rambo Diaz

Ph, first, third, LF, RF and caught

Nice power
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

5955540F060F070A0D12083F0 wrote: We cannot forget Gary Varsho who played on those early 1990 teams.

always like varsho, lacy, John Milner, Bill Robinson, Easler, love the guys that bring the Lumber :)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Easy - Josh Harrison. Then the Pirates plugged him into the lineup and neither Josh nor the Pirates have been the same.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5651474F4156111D644349454D480A474B49240 wrote: Easy - Josh Harrison.  Then the Pirates plugged him into the lineup and neither Josh nor the Pirates have been the same. 

Yep, he will always have 2014 to remember. It is crazy that he had more at bats in 2014 than he did in 2016 (I know he got hurt, but still).
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Wow, a blast from the past, Mike Diaz! Dang that guy could do it all in the mid 80's for Jimmy Leyland's Buccos! Good one!

Beat'em Bucs