Tekulve rips Jaso...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I doubt Freese and Joyce will be back. Jaso can be a bench option next year.
PMike

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by PMike »

785F4E4A4F526D594E4F4F522B0 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

I agree it is time for Jaso to at least be benched.  He won't have much value off the bench, but he isn't complete garbage with the bat.  Don't forget many here liked that signing and even wanted him before he was signed.  I never even heard of Jaso until he was mentioned here on the board.  He is making 4 million dollars a year, he cant hit left handed pitching, and he cant play any other positions other then 1st. And he is mediocre at best with his bat. Not enough reason to keep him around next season as a bench player at a 4 million dollar cost. You can do better elsewhere with your money.

This year.  This year.  I want him benched this year.  I don't know the plan with him next year. 

Cut your losses with him right now so you can avoid a mess next year where you have to pay him 4 million dollars a year for sitting on the bench. You DFA him, bring up Bell and you still have a bench of either Freese/Kang, Joyce, Rodriguez, and Frazier which is plenty good with a lot of position flexibility. You don't need Jaso this year anymore he is not nearly as good as any of those guys I just mentioned.

You do know that if they DFA him, they still pay him the $4mill next year, right?  You'd rather pay him while he plays for someone else or sits out rather than contributing on our bench?  I just want to get this straight...You say while he is contributing on our bench. But here is the problem with that right now he isn't contributing. If he is going to do what he did last night and stand at home plate and laugh and worry about a broken bat as opposed to running in a tie game in the middle of a pennant race then yes I would rather them pay him for nothing or have him go somewhere else and pay him as well. The guy is hitting .185 his last 30 games and can't play any other positions other then first. How does Bell not being up over Jaso not make them better.

Last night was certainly not the norm for Jaso. In fact, he appears to be a pretty hard worker and one of the more "hustle" guys they have. Even without the improved stats, I think his at bats have still been pretty good.

Looking to next year, why couldn't he learn a little OF? He didn't seem to have any probably picking up first base this offseason.
DemDog

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by DemDog »

545F575B5E5F440107704951585F5F1E535F300 wrote: I doubt Freese and Joyce will be back.  Jaso can be a bench option next year.

You may be right with this prediction. Unfortunately! Can't see Freeze of Joyce coming back especially if they get a shot at being a starter again.
Quail

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by Quail »

I don't know what Jaso's ABs have accomplished in the past two months beyond running up an opposing pitcher's pitch count. Even his patience at the plate lately has seemed to me to be diminishing as I can't recall him having ABs of 8 pitches or more (which the Pirates use as a standard for a 'productive' AB) and his walk rate has plummeted.

Jaso has steadily gotten worse offensively as the season has progressed. His .389 OBP in April has turned into a .262 OBP in July. His supposed strength is no longer a strength. Since he hits for almost no power (a total of 8 extra base hits for the months of June and July) and is average at best defensively his value is virtually non-existent as a first baseman.

His offensive numbers don't meet even bare minimum requirements as a corner outfielder either. The only value his bat has is as a catcher which he apparently is under medical orders not to attempt because of his concussion history. He's a 'one trick pony' kind of player that has lost the ability to even do that one trick.

John Jaso is simply not the kind of player that a competitive team should have on their roster. He doesn't do anything well.
massbucsfan

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by massbucsfan »

some of you guys just want to make excuses for the guys not doing their job ,this is what most fans do when you do well you get praise when you suck you get criticized i think some of you have a hard time understanding that
PMike

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by PMike »

55594B4B5A4D5B4B5E5956380 wrote: some of you guys just want to make excuses for the guys not doing their job ,this is what most fans do when you do well you get praise when you suck you get criticized i think some of you have a hard time understanding that

In my experience, life (and baseball) is not that black and white.
massbucsfan

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by massbucsfan »

564B6F6D63060 wrote: some of you guys just want to make excuses for the guys not doing their job ,this is what most fans do when you do well you get praise when you suck you get criticized i think some of you have a hard time understanding that

In my experience, life (and baseball) is not that black and white.
in sports sure it is if you produce we like you ,if you dont or have a bad attitude its usually hit the bricks