Tekulve rips Jaso...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If anybody listened to the post game show on Root last night after the game Kent Tekulve absolutely laid into John Jaso for standing at home plate and not running that ball out. He said "Nobody on the plane and on the team should even talk to John Jaso the entire ride home after what he did in the 7th inning not even attempting to run the ball out" He said what he did was inexcusable in a 1-1 game in the 7th inning and any punishment or discipline he does receive probably still wont be enough to make up for it. Hurdle however after the game had a different perspective on it saying something like "Jaso thought the ball was foul initially off the bat after it broke". Hurdle also stated "sometimes things like that happen in baseball and you just have to live with it and move on". So you got Tekulve who knows what is going on, and is a well respected player and man around this organization absolutely ripping Jaso, and then you have Hurdle coming out saying it's no big deal.

I don't know what to make of all of this but I do know this that John Jaso needs to go and he needs to go now. Eat his 4 million bucks for next season. He adds nothing, and Bell should be up here right now playing 1st so he can be better for next season and maybe help the team win games now as well.

I really don't know what guys like Huntington and Hurdle are thinking anymore with some of these comments they are making over the last week or so. Maybe someone needs to re-introduce their brain to their mouths because both of these guys the last week or so are talking out there @$$.
Bobster21

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by Bobster21 »

Hurdle actually made three excuses for Jaso:

He was worried about the catcher getting hit with the bat.

He thought it was foul.

He thought the 1B man had stepped on the bag before throwing to 2B.

Huntington already admitted he blew the Walker trade. Jaso was his choice for 1B this year. I doubt they release Jaso with a year left on his contract. That would be a further admission of faulty off season decisions. And they wouldn't even eat 4 million of Liriano's contract to keep a top 10 prospect. Unlikely they would eat Jaso's contract next year. I guess they could trade Jaso and throw in Glasnow to get someone to pay the salary.
SteadyFreddy

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Hurdle actually made three excuses for Jaso:

He was worried about the catcher getting hit with the bat.

He thought it was foul.

He thought the 1B man had stepped on the bag before throwing to 2B.

Huntington already admitted he blew the Walker trade. Jaso was his choice for 1B this year. I doubt they release Jaso with a year left on his contract. That would be a further admission of faulty off season decisions. And they wouldn't even eat 4 million of Liriano's contract to keep a top 10 prospect. Unlikely they would eat Jaso's contract next year. I guess they could trade Jaso and throw in Glasnow to get someone to pay the salary.  So lets worry about looking bad in the offseason and not wanting to admit to making more mistakes more so then trying to improve the team right now by bringing up Bell and releasing Jaso when you are still only 3 games out of a playoff spot. Ill give Huntington a pass for this past offseason seeing all the success he has had in turning this into a winning franchise again. But if he has another off season like this year next year and beyond then he can definitely begin to start to hear a ton of criticism and rightfully so. The same can be said for Clint Hurdle too. At some point he needs to win in the playoffs in the next couple of seasons as well assuming the Pirates get back there.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said. He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera. Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

I agree it is time for Jaso to at least be benched. He won't have much value off the bench, but he isn't complete garbage with the bat. Don't forget many here liked that signing and even wanted him before he was signed. I never even heard of Jaso until he was mentioned here on the board.
SteadyFreddy

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2D262E2227263D787E093028212626672A26490 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

I agree it is time for Jaso to at least be benched.  He won't have much value off the bench, but he isn't complete garbage with the bat.  Don't forget many here liked that signing and even wanted him before he was signed.  I never even heard of Jaso until he was mentioned here on the board.  He is making 4 million dollars a year, he cant hit left handed pitching, and he cant play any other positions other then 1st. And he is mediocre at best with his bat. Not enough reason to keep him around next season as a bench player at a 4 million dollar cost. You can do better elsewhere with your money.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

587F6E6A6F724D796E6F6F720B0 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

I agree it is time for Jaso to at least be benched.  He won't have much value off the bench, but he isn't complete garbage with the bat.  Don't forget many here liked that signing and even wanted him before he was signed.  I never even heard of Jaso until he was mentioned here on the board.  He is making 4 million dollars a year, he cant hit left handed pitching, and he cant play any other positions other then 1st. And he is mediocre at best with his bat. Not enough reason to keep him around next season as a bench player at a 4 million dollar cost. You can do better elsewhere with your money.

This year. This year. I want him benched this year. I don't know the plan with him next year.
SteadyFreddy

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

78737B777273682D2B5C657D747373327F731C0 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

This year.  This year.  I want him benched this year.  I don't know the plan with him next year. 

Cut your losses with him right now so you can avoid a mess next year where you have to pay him 4 million dollars a year for sitting on the bench. You DFA him, bring up Bell and you still have a bench of either Freese/Kang, Joyce, Rodriguez, and Frazier which is plenty good with a lot of position flexibility. You don't need Jaso this year anymore he is not nearly as good as any of those guys I just mentioned.
PMike

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by PMike »

06213034312C13273031312C550 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

This year.  This year.  I want him benched this year.  I don't know the plan with him next year. 

Cut your losses with him right now so you can avoid a mess next year where you have to pay him 4 million dollars a year for sitting on the bench. You DFA him, bring up Bell and you still have a bench of either Freese/Kang, Joyce, Rodriguez, and Frazier which is plenty good with a lot of position flexibility. You don't need Jaso this year anymore he is not nearly as good as any of those guys I just mentioned.

You do know that if they DFA him, they still pay him the $4mill next year, right? You'd rather pay him while he plays for someone else or sits out rather than contributing on our bench? I just want to get this straight...
SteadyFreddy

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1D002426284D0 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

You do know that if they DFA him, they still pay him the $4mill next year, right?  You'd rather pay him while he plays for someone else or sits out rather than contributing on our bench?  I just want to get this straight...You say while he is contributing on our bench. But here is the problem with that right now he isn't contributing. If he is going to do what he did last night and stand at home plate and laugh and worry about a broken bat as opposed to running in a tie game in the middle of a pennant race then yes I would rather them pay him for nothing or have him go somewhere else and pay him as well. The guy is hitting .185 his last 30 games and can't play any other positions other then first. How does Bell not being up over Jaso not make them better.
Ecbucs

Tekulve rips Jaso...

Post by Ecbucs »

694E5F5B5E437C485F5E5E433A0 wrote: I don't really think it is a big deal what Hurdle said.  He tells the media nothing and is never straight forward in front of the mic or camera.  Hurdle knowing the what Jaso said means he did address him at some point.

You do know that if they DFA him, they still pay him the $4mill next year, right?  You'd rather pay him while he plays for someone else or sits out rather than contributing on our bench?  I just want to get this straight...You say while he is contributing on our bench. But here is the problem with that right now he isn't contributing. If he is going to do what he did last night and stand at home plate and laugh and worry about a broken bat as opposed to running in a tie game in the middle of a pennant race then yes I would rather them pay him for nothing or have him go somewhere else and pay him as well. The guy is hitting .185 his last 30 games and can't play any other positions other then first. How does Bell not being up over Jaso not make them better.

it is unknow if he can contribute next year but then that is how the Bucs were able to get Joyce who had 594 ops last year