Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

4/21 Game Thread - Finding The Lumber in Philly

Post by NJBucsFan »

And Cora manufactures a run. ;)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

We are seeing a bunch of mistakes by two young teams this series.

Advantage Pirates. 2-0
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hoskins hits a 3 run homer off Feliz who was brought in for Brault and gives the Phillies a 3-2 lead. This Pirates offense has just been awful the last week or so. Big reason they have only won one game since last Sunday.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Brault pitched well. Gave up two hits one being on a low and away pulled grounder.

Feliz missed his spot. Low and away location by Cervelli ended up down the middle.

Double switch was used. Feliz didn't even go back in for another inning. I sometimes wonder if Hurdle knows why double switches are used?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gotta get this offense going again I’ll keep saying it. Losing streaks like this where the Pirates are gonna lose 5 of 6 games this week are what is gonna hurt this team and keep them from staying in this race realistically.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Brault pitched well. Gave up two hits one being on a low and away pulled grounder.

Feliz missed his spot. Low and away location by Cervelli ended up down the middle.

Double switch was used. Feliz didn't even go back in for another inning. I sometimes wonder if Hurdle knows why double switches are used?
He might have kept Feliz in if he hadn't given up the homer (although I agree with your point that Clint doesn't know what double switches are for other than to mess up the line up card).

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The bats disappeared when the team went to Miami and haven't been seen since.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Watching this game and this ump makes me long for the electronic strike zone.  It would revolutionize the game, I've never seen a guy miss so many strikes thrown on the edges by Brault and always seem to give them to the other pitcher.  A lot of it has got to be because of the catcher.  You could visibly see the catcher for Phillys pulling the glove back into the strike zone.

It would revolutionize the game and I say it's past time for E-strike zone.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea you don’t double switch Josh Bell your cleanup hitter and one of your best players in a one run game. Stupid decision by Hurdle.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1735263B383D3A35162137373B540 wrote: The bats disappeared when the team went to Miami and haven't been seen since.
Yep they sure have. A loss here today and the Bucs finally will fall out of 1st place. The Cardinals and Brewers this weekend are feasting on the Reds and Marlins this weekend so far. Hopefully the Bucs can salvage one tomorrow in this series and at least win 2 of 3 from the Tigers this week before the Cards come in here next weekend.