Bucs versus Brewers 9/21...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Braves come back and beat the Mets and sweep them in New York at Citi Field. If the Pirates hang on and win they will pull within 3.5 of the 2nd wildcard. Goes to show you anything can happen who saw that coming.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Did anyone see Inciarte for the Braves absolutely rob Cespesdes of a game winning 3 run homer?? That could be a huge huge play when it comes to the wildcard later on.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

353E363A3F3E256066112830393E3E7F323E510 wrote: Rodriguez again. Unreal.

SRod was a whipping boy by many on this board if I recall. I have been critical of this organization and its inability to get solutions. However, I liked the Pirates resigning him. He has paid dividends this year. His power certainly has been a surprise.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates HAVE to win tomorrow night (and basically every night from this point forward).

I can't believe we are going to run Vogelsong back out there again.

I'm not saying it's a great choice, but I wish they were going with Trevor Williams instead.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5F7D6E737075727D5E697F7F731C0 wrote: Pirates HAVE to win tomorrow night (and basically every night from this point forward).

I'm not saying it's a great choice, but I wish they were going with Trevor Williams instead. Yea I agree Carolina. He has been awful his last 3 or 4 times out there. I don't like him pitching in the game tonight against a guy like Chase Anderson who has had our number every single time he has pitched against us for the most part. The Pirates have to keep Vogelsong on a short leash tomorrow night. You're back within 3.5 games with 11 to play and actually still have a chance to get a little bit closer in the standings the next couple of days. But as you said Carolina the Pirates absolutely positively MUST win this game tonight if they are going to give themselves any legit chance of still making things interesting in the wildcard race. My worst fear is these other teams end up losing these next few days and so do the Pirates. This team as we all know likes to tease and torture us this season a lot. I expect that to most likely continue over the weekend.

The bottom is the Mets are struggling and just got swept by the worst team in baseball at home, the Giants are a hot mess right now, and the Cardinals play 3 games against the Cubs at Wrigley this weekend and have to face Arietta the first game of that series. So the odds are if the Pirates win in Milwaukee this last game tonight, and take at least 2 of 3 from the Nats this weekend they should probably be able to get within 2 games of a wildcard spot with 7 games left to play which will still keep them in it the last week of the season.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

7D767E7277766D282E596078717676377A76190 wrote:

BTW: Its always nice to see Front Row Amy behind the plate at Miller Park. Looking good in black tonight!?

So I'm clueless and hit the pause button when I get a camera shot behind the pitcher's mound and start scanning the crowd.

Front Row Amy -- my 21 year old son and I are cracking up!

She is known. Google her. Always there by herself keeping book and counting pitches.

"I'm Amy, and I belong to the Church of Baseball." So it says on her website.

Well now I know too. Pretty fun stuff! Thanks for pointing her out.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

71564743465B64504746465B220 wrote: Pirates HAVE to win tomorrow night (and basically every night from this point forward).

I'm not saying it's a great choice, but I wish they were going with Trevor Williams instead. Yea I agree Carolina. He has been awful his last 3 or 4 times out there. I don't like him pitching in the game tonight against a guy like Chase Anderson who has had our number every single time he has pitched against us for the most part. The Pirates have to keep Vogelsong on a short leash tomorrow night. You're back within 3.5 games with 11 to play and actually still have a chance to get a little bit closer in the standings the next couple of days. But as you said Carolina the Pirates absolutely positively MUST win this game tonight if they are going to give themselves any legit chance of still making things interesting in the wildcard race. My worst fear is these other teams end up losing these next few days and so do the Pirates. This team as we all know likes to tease and torture us this season a lot. I expect that to most likely continue over the weekend.

The bottom is the Mets are struggling and just got swept by the worst team in baseball at home, the Giants are a hot mess right now, and the Cardinals play 3 games against the Cubs at Wrigley this weekend and have to face Arietta the first game of that series. So the odds are if the Pirates win in Milwaukee this last game tonight, and take at least 2 of 3 from the Nats this weekend they should probably be able to get within 2 games of a wildcard spot with 7 games left to play which will still keep them in it the last week of the season.

Are the Nationals still trying?

It stinks the Pirates play three of the best teams to end their season. But they had to play them anyway.

The Nationals and Cubs have things pretty much locked up in their Division. The Nationals are three games up form the Dodgers for seeding too.

The Pirates can beat the Cardinals. This can get exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.