Josh Harrison Has Cleared Waivers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

6265495E482B0 wrote: So, thee selfish greedy stinking cheapskate carpetbaggers are getting ready to salary dump Harrison and replace him with a minor leaguer like Newman who can't hit major league pitching any better than I can.

Harrison is a .278 career hitter, which is better than I thought.  I have seen Newman play twice in person.  If you asked me to bet my house on who I thought would be a better career hitter I would choose Newman... and it wouldn't take long.  I like Jhay, but at $10M a year I would criticize TBMITB if they keep Harrison over Newman going forward.  It may be an uncomfortable decision, but it is a no-brainer to me. 

Seriously, why do you hate Newman so much?  Over time he may become the best for-average hitter in the organization.   
---

Because if we keep kicking the can down the road waiting for this prospect or that prospect, I will die before we ever win anything.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, with Gyrko getting hurt last night and Wong already out, I'd call the Cards and see what they would give for Harrison. Pick up his salary for the rest of the year if you need to. If there's anybody who deserves to be in a pennant race, it's J-Hay, and the Cards need a second baseman now. This just seems to make too much sense for me.

The Pirates infield will look very different next year. Freese, Mercer, and Harrison will probably all be gone, and replaced by Frazier, Newman, and Kramer, I suppose with Tucker being on the bus between Pitt and Indy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4D4546716742656A040 wrote: Personally, with Gyrko getting hurt last night and Wong already out, I'd call the Cards and see what they would give for Harrison. Pick up his salary for the rest of the year if you need to. If there's anybody who deserves to be in a pennant race, it's J-Hay, and the Cards need a second baseman now. This just seems to make too much sense for me.

The Pirates infield will look very different next year. Freese, Mercer, and Harrison will probably all be gone, and replaced by Frazier, Newman, and Kramer, I suppose with Tucker being on the bus between Pitt and Indy.
With Harrison's hamstring issues, a team would be taking a chance on him. The Cards need to get someone before 9/1 who can be expected to stay healthy thru the post season. Harrison would be good for them but only if they had a backup plan in case he gets hurt again. The Bucs say Harrison can play but are using him sparingly. I think they are trying to find a taker and don't want him getting hurt first.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Personally, with Gyrko getting hurt last night and Wong already out, I'd call the Cards and see what they would give for Harrison. Pick up his salary for the rest of the year if you need to. If there's anybody who deserves to be in a pennant race, it's J-Hay, and the Cards need a second baseman now. This just seems to make too much sense for me.

With Harrison's hamstring issues, a team would be taking a chance on him. The Cards need to get someone before 9/1 who can be expected to stay healthy thru the post season. Harrison would be good for them but only if they had a backup plan in case he gets hurt again. The Bucs say Harrison can play but are using him sparingly. I think they are trying to find a taker and don't want him getting hurt first.

Cardinals are apparently 1 of the teams targeting Donaldson from the Blue Jays.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Speaking of the infield for this year and next. Frazier is my 2bman. Guy can hit and has proven it. All they need to do is pay to get him down to Bradenton all winter and work on his agility and lateral moving so he can cover more ground.

As for Freese, if I were NH I would set him down and tell him that they want to do right by him and send him to a contender and that in the off season they want to talk about bringing him back.

I also do not offer JHay his option but ask him back at a smaller deal to be the replacement for S-Rod. He may walk but such is life. I could see him going to the Reds if the Bucs don't pickup his option.

The Kevins need to play a good bit even at the expense of Jordy's ego. Can either one of them play SS on a regular basis? I would try to bring Hecharravia back as a tutor and backup for SS and maybe 2B.

I look at Bell and I thought that maybe they could teach him how to throw the ball like a guy and not a gal but that seems to be impossible. But the guy can hit and he needs to find someone not his dad who can work with him and find his 2017 sweet swing again.

Moran is Moran and that is why you bring back Freese or JHay at lower cost to platoon with Moran.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

If we did all that and got rid of Marte, Polaco, and Dickerson. we could field an all LMG team and BOB would be in utopia.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

0C2D250C272F480 wrote: Speaking of the infield for this year and next.  Frazier is my 2bman.  Guy can hit and has proven it.  All they need to do is pay to get him down to Bradenton all winter and work on his agility and lateral moving so he can cover more ground.

As for Freese, if I were NH I would set him down and tell him that they want to do right by him and send him to a contender and that in the off season they want to talk about bringing him back.

I also do not offer JHay his option but ask him back at a smaller deal to be the replacement for S-Rod.  He may walk but such is life.  I could see him going to the Reds if the Bucs don't pickup his option.

The Kevins need to play a good bit even at the expense of Jordy's ego.  Can either one of them play SS on a regular basis?  I would try to bring Hecharravia back as a tutor and backup for SS and maybe 2B.

I look at Bell and I thought that maybe they could teach him how to throw the ball like a guy and not a gal but that seems to be impossible.  But the guy can hit and he needs to find someone not his dad who can work with him and find his 2017 sweet swing again.

Moran is Moran and that is why you bring back Freese or JHay at lower cost to platoon with Moran.

I too would being back Hechaviarria. Maybe I should learn to spell his name if he is back.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

7450495E53485E4B3F0 wrote: If we did all that and got rid of Marte, Polaco, and Dickerson. we could field an all LMG team and BOB would be in utopia.

You're outta your freaking mind!!  You are the one who wants to dump Marte, Polanco and Dickerson.  Get a life and live with what we got and you might live a life long enough to see more than 1 WS win. And if the Bucs are not the team you want to live with then go out and find another team root for and bash when they don't operate like you want them to.
Kovalwat

Post by Kovalwat »

4B6A624B60680F0 wrote: If we did all that and got rid of Marte, Polaco, and Dickerson. we could field an all LMG team and BOB would be in utopia.

You're outta your freaking mind!!  You are the one who wants to dump Marte, Polanco and Dickerson.  Get a life and live with what we got and you might live a life long enough to see more than 1 WS win.  And if the Bucs are not the team you want to live with then go out and find another team root for and bash when they don't operate like you want them to.

---

If you want to see outta your mind, just look in the mirror. Just keep apologizing for a management team that has never won anything and never will.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

15050433252529460 wrote: Speaking of the infield for this year and next.  Frazier is my 2bman.  Guy can hit and has proven it.  All they need to do is pay to get him down to Bradenton all winter and work on his agility and lateral moving so he can cover more ground.

I also do not offer JHay his option but ask him back at a smaller deal to be the replacement for S-Rod.  He may walk but such is life.  I could see him going to the Reds if the Bucs don't pickup his option.

The Kevins need to play a good bit even at the expense of Jordy's ego.  Can either one of them play SS on a regular basis?  I would try to bring Hecharravia back as a tutor and backup for SS and maybe 2B.

I look at Bell and I thought that maybe they could teach him how to throw the ball like a guy and not a gal but that seems to be impossible.  But the guy can hit and he needs to find someone not his dad who can work with him and find his 2017 sweet swing again.

I too would being back Hechaviarria.  Maybe I should learn to spell his name if he is back.

I see no reason to bring back a glove only shortstop unless he is willing to be a back up at a low salary.

Need to go with Kramer or Newman to see if they can be above average.