Would Rivero get you a good third baseman?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

Colin Moran keeps coming to mind as a trade target for the Pirates. He is blocked in Houston. I think Rivero is too much for Moran, but I would like to try and get him by some other means
mouse

Post by mouse »

Perhaps Moran and a pitcher with promise (but control issues?)?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6E676F7E700A0 wrote: You could try to work a 3 team deal to return a starting 3bman.   Rivero to team A.  3rb baseman to us from Team B and prospects from team A to B.

I do think Rivero has the value to do that.  Have to match it up though .

Or just sign Mostakas or todd Frazier and then you don't need to worry about Rivero being involved.

3/30 would do it.       Maybe he would take a 2/23 or something with an option year, but he probably wants that 3rd year

I know the comment about Mostakas and Frazier is sarcasm since it won't happen.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

It's sarcasm but I never want to lose sight of the fact that I'm a fan, not an owner

I'll never succum to the Pirates PR trick of convincing fans that we have to lower our expectations. 

These threads are interesting from a strategy standpoint, but I won't lose sight of the fact that if we bumped payroll up to   120 /middle of the road....none of this would be necessary. It's a good looking FA class that matches up with our team needs very well

You know,. If we actually tried to win