Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

040F070B0E0F145157201901080F0F4E030F600 wrote: How about no. 

TODAY: Chance Adams and Miguel Andujar could be part of a hypothetical Yankees/Pirates trade for Cole, Kristie Ackert and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News report.  If those two prospects and Frazier are all included, that could mean the Pirates will also include Josh Harrison in the deal.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Tough to give up Harrison in that deal. I figured that was the hold up. I would want Sheffield over Adams. Some teams project Adams a a bullpen pitcher too.

Why is it tough to give him up in that deal? Why should it be the hold up? Fact is the Pirates have Harrison on the trade block. There were heavy talks with the Mets. They want to shed his 10.3 million per year deal. That is obvious.

You have basically decided to deal Cole. Hopefully this happens. I think he is overrated, but if you are sending him out, you may as well go full Florida. That means trading Cutch. That is a must.

The Pirates in general want to shed money. That is obvious. They can do it with one swoop. Sucks to trade Harrison. He is the real heart and soul of this team to me. His versatility is valuable. However, they want to deal him, so ...

You get an outfielder that forces a move with Cutch (hopefully)

You get a starting 3B man in Andujar (we really have no one)

and a top three starter in Adams (others have said he is a starter).

The only negative isn't what returns. The negative is that money saved goes to improvements in Seven Springs, not the Pirates. We know they won't re-invest that money on something decent.
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

Pretty sad you have to go thru 2 pages of bickering to get to some enjoyable opinions....

If they include harrison, I hope they get more than adams, reports say he's only got two pitches.
RichD

Post by RichD »

3225282C2C28222A72410 wrote: Pretty sad you have to go thru 2 pages of bickering to get to some enjoyable opinions....

If they include harrison, I hope they get more than adams, reports say he's only got two pitches.

Yeah i like Harrison he plays the game like it should .Has got every ounce out of what he has to work with. I will be sad to se him leave. He could do a lot for a team on the edge off turning the corner from young to ready to win.He`s a leader.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

50474A4E4E4A404810230 wrote:

I'd rather have Montgomery than Adams too. Montgomery or Sheffield would be the pitcher I would want in return for Cole.

Harrison has to have value on his own compared to being a throw in with Cole.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

4249414D4849521711665F474E4949084549260 wrote: How about no. 

TODAY: Chance Adams and Miguel Andujar could be part of a hypothetical Yankees/Pirates trade for Cole, Kristie Ackert and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News report.  If those two prospects and Frazier are all included, that could mean the Pirates will also include Josh Harrison in the deal.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Tough to give up Harrison in that deal. I figured that was the hold up. I would want Sheffield over Adams. Some teams project Adams a a bullpen pitcher too.

That's not what the hold up is. they didn't even use "unnamed sources" on that pile of speculation. clearly no sources at all, just a couple of NY writers saying JHay might be included if that's the package (he wouldn't be, unless the yankees were sending us back $ with them, then it's hard to say since we will do just about anything for "Financial Flexibility")
notes34

Post by notes34 »

303931202E540 wrote: How about no. 

Mlbtraderumors.com

That's not what the hold up is.  they didn't even use "unnamed sources" on that pile of speculation.    clearly no sources at all, just a couple of NY writers saying JHay might be included if that's the package (he wouldn't be, unless the yankees were sending us back $ with them, then it's hard to say since we will do just about anything for "Financial Flexibility")
I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison is included. Straight up salary dump.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

242D25343A400 wrote: How about no. 

Mlbtraderumors.com

That's not what the hold up is.  they didn't even use "unnamed sources" on that pile of speculation.    clearly no sources at all, just a couple of NY writers saying JHay might be included if that's the package (he wouldn't be, unless the yankees were sending us back $ with them, then it's hard to say since we will do just about anything for "Financial Flexibility")

It's all speculation, I know that. That's my opinion on what is going on with the Yankees. The Yankees lost their 2B and have young players to replace him. I can see them asking for Harrison too. Reading and hearing how the Yankees make trades, this is my opinion. I am not blaming the Yankees at all. But they do hype their prospects a ton and always ask for a lot in return.

I also wonder how the Pirates rate Adams if he is being offered. He has done very well in the minors, but some scouts/teams project him as a bullpen arm, not a starter.

What do you think the hold up might be? Would you trade Harrison with Cole in that speculated deal?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2E272F3E304A0 wrote: How about no. 

Mlbtraderumors.com

Yeah, hopefully just some speculation from a few biased New York writers, or else it's no wonder why at least three teams haven't bitten on the recent crappy yankee trade offers
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

If they deal Harrison and Cole it doesn't matter if they get anyone back who is expected to be a big contributor in 2018.

Dealing both means Cutch should go too and that the team is throwing in the towel on 2018.

Getting back the best talent (to me meaning those with the highest ceiling) should be the priority.

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

012726312737440 wrote: If they deal Harrison and Cole it doesn't matter if they get anyone back who is expected to be a big contributor in 2018.

Dealing both means Cutch should go too and that the team is throwing in the towel on 2018.

Getting back the best talent (to me meaning those with the highest ceiling) should be the priority.

This is 100% true.