Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

There were a couple of reports stating that the Pirates and Yanks were getting closer on a deal for Cole. The names mentioned Frazier and Chance Adams as the main players going to the Bucs.

I was thinking that if the Bucs do trade Cole; that they should just work out a blockbuster deal with the Yanks as the Yanks have what we are looking for and vice versa.

Therefore I would package Cole with Rivero and Mercer. Yanks get their coveted starter, a Chapman clone closer and a starting SS to take over from the prospect coming to the Bucs.

Bucs get Frazier, Adams, 3B prospect Andujar, and the uber prospect Torres. That would set up the left side of the infield for years for the Bucs. Adams could potentially replace Cole. Frazier provides outfield depth or moves to a starting position if the Bucs trade one of their outfielders.

Thoughts?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Throw in Didi Gregorius too if they prefer Mercer over him at SS.

I don't see a monster deal. I see Cole being traded for higher end prospects (one being Frazier) and maybe a third arm.

This trade will open up other teams' interest in the Pirates players. No reason to give them all away in one deal. Better offers could come about this one deal.
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

I wouldn't deal Cole to Yankees unless Frazier and Anduhar were in the deal.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

584F4058495D44495C44280 wrote: I wouldn't deal Cole to Yankees unless Frazier and Anduhar were in the deal.

That would be a sweet return.

The Pirates should keep asking for Torres and/or Florial and then settle with Andujar.

Cole for Frazier, Adams, and Andujar would be awesome. It would put the Pirates on pace for a quick rebuild unlike last time.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

63747B6372667F72677F130 wrote: I wouldn't deal Cole to Yankees unless Frazier and Anduhar were in the deal.

We need an arm for the rotation coming back, one that is either ready or very close in the deal. If there is a prospect absent Torres that the Yanks want to keep, its Andujar. They have a third base issue too. He can play third.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: I wouldn't deal Cole to Yankees unless Frazier and Anduhar were in the deal.

That would be a sweet return.

The Pirates should keep asking for Torres and/or Florial and then settle with Andujar.

Cole for Frazier, Adams, and Andujar would be awesome.  It would put the Pirates on pace for a quick rebuild unlike last time.

Pittsburgh won't be getting those three. That is too much for the Yanks to give up. As I stated in a post above, if there is one prospect the Yanks want to keep absent Torres, its Andujar.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yanks still finding the price of starting pitchers on the trade market too high (Fulmer, Cole, etc.)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

63464545507B464E4C5B290 wrote: There were a couple of reports stating that the Pirates and Yanks were getting closer on a deal for Cole. The names mentioned Frazier and Chance Adams as the main players going to the Bucs.

I was thinking that if the Bucs do trade Cole; that they should just work out a blockbuster deal with the Yanks as the Yanks have what we are looking for and vice versa.

Therefore I would package Cole with Rivero and Mercer. Yanks get their coveted starter, a Chapman clone closer and a starting SS to take over from the prospect coming to the Bucs.

Bucs get Frazier, Adams, 3B prospect Andujar, and the uber prospect Torres. That would set up the left side of the infield for years for the Bucs. Adams could potentially replace Cole. Frazier provides outfield depth or moves to a starting position if the Bucs trade one of their outfielders.

Thoughts?

Different names can maybe be inserted, but I think you're right - Cole can maybe be the hook to accomplish a lot things if we add to the package.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

33010D0D192B08010C090601600 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yanks still finding the price of starting pitchers on the trade market too high (Fulmer, Cole, etc.)

I suspect NH is holding out for Torres too along with Frazier and another prospect; sort of like he did with Washington last year for Cutch.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6E7E7F485E5E523D0 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

I suspect NH is holding out for Torres too along with Frazier and another prospect; sort of like he did with Washington last year for Cutch.

maybe, though I think a SP like cole will have more universal appeal than an OF.  most contenders will think they have good OFers while everyone always wants to upgrade the rotation.

there are some big FA shoes to drop so that could alter values one way or the other