The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Cervelli, Freese and Mercer getting the day off.

J-Hay at 3b.

Frazier at 2B.

Moroff at SS.

Stewart at C.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

526F717C73797250786F7E78791D0 wrote: Lineup

Marte

Harrison 3B

McCutchen

Bell

Polanco

Frazier 2B

Moroff SS

Stewart
No surprise. At least having Frazier on the bench gives them a stronger lineup when Hurdle goes into frequent "rest mode." But I don't like a completely different 2B-SS combo. One or the other but not both.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: Lineup

Marte

Harrison 3B

McCutchen

Bell

Polanco

Frazier 2B

Moroff SS

Stewart
No surprise. At least having Frazier on the bench gives them a stronger lineup when Hurdle goes into frequent "rest mode." But I don't like a completely different 2B-SS combo. One or the other but not both.

Do we like Moroff getting a start?
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Mercer has to sit at some point.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I like him rewarded after all of the super important heroic ABs lately. I was just wondering of The Board's feelings have changed on this.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It was great for Moroff to get the winning hit. But he's still not better than Mercer or Freese. As nice as his hit was, it was a soft hit barely over the infield. He wasn't raking the ball. Makes no sense to me to do a full scale resting of the lineup in a huge game just 1 week after the 4-day all-star break ended. These players aren't so fragile that they have to be rested so much.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I expected Moroff to start at 3B and Stewart at C.  I didn't expect Mercer to sit. 

What are the Brewers doing?  They probably have some back ups in too.  Do they even have a back up catcher?

(Any free feeds on the internet to watch at work?)
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: It was great for Moroff to get the winning hit. But he's still not better than Mercer or Freese. As nice as his hit was, it was a soft hit barely over the infield. He wasn't raking the ball. Makes no sense to me to do a full scale resting of the lineup in a huge game just 1 week after the 4-day all-star break ended. These players aren't so fragile that they have to be rested so much. 

The only guy "really" sitting is Mercer IMO. Freese has said himself that he's playing too much and that's the reason why he's fallen off. I don't know--considering it's about 900 degrees outside I think I'll take the trainers' word for it this time.

I see what you're saying, but the Brewers are sitting Thames, Keon Broxton and their catcher. They probably need a win today more than we do.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

467478786C5E7D74797C7374150 wrote: It was great for Moroff to get the winning hit. But he's still not better than Mercer or Freese. As nice as his hit was, it was a soft hit barely over the infield. He wasn't raking the ball. Makes no sense to me to do a full scale resting of the lineup in a huge game just 1 week after the 4-day all-star break ended. These players aren't so fragile that they have to be rested so much. 

The only guy "really" sitting is Mercer IMO.  Freese has said himself that he's playing too much and that's the reason why he's fallen off.  I don't know--considering it's about 900 degrees outside I think I'll take the trainers' word for it this time. 

I see what you're saying, but the Brewers are sitting Thames, Keon Broxton and their catcher.  They probably need a win today more than we do.
Yeah, Mercer's the one that bothers me. Makes sense to sit Cervelli. Freese gets more rest than others. And Frazier's bat is a plus. But when you go into a big game with a Frazier/Moroff keystone combo it raises eyebrows. It's just not necessary to do that.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Regardless, these guys are all fungible. The only guys who are head and shoulders better than their counterparts are McCutchen, Marte, Polanco, Bell, and Harrison. They're all playing. Cervelli has caught every game since the break, including last Sunday's day game after a night game. I've got no issue with Stewart (other than the fact that I think Diaz should be on the 25 man playing every day, making Cervelli the back-up, but that's neither here nor there). I also don't have an issue with Frazier. He's been swinging a good bat since the AS break. The only issue could be Moroff over Mercer, but even there, I'm fine with Mercer getting a rest, as we don't have any off days for awhile, and have a long road trip coming up.