The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I agree ... I am worried about Hurdle's day-game lineup. Probably time to give Marte and Polanco a day off.

I disagree that it's a "critical" game ... as long as the team has righted itself and continues to play well (big if, I know). Yes it's a HUGE opportunity, for sure, but a loss will not be devastating.

If we lose and we're 5 games out with 66 to go ... that is still very manageable.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I won't have a huge problem if Stewart starts today seeing that Cervelli has played a lot the last week or so and it's a day game after night game. But other then that that should be it. Everybody better be available out of the bullpen and all the good starters better be in the lineup today. I expect Taillon to bounce back today and pitch well and give us a good chance to win this game. I'll be surprised if he doesn't.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

He's played every day since the break I believe.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

755744595A5F58577443555559360 wrote: I agree ... I am worried about Hurdle's day-game lineup. Probably time to give Marte and Polanco a day off.

I disagree that it's a "critical" game ... as long as the team has righted itself and continues to play well (big if, I know). Yes it's a HUGE opportunity, for sure, but a loss will not be devastating.

If we lose and we're 5 games out with 66 to go ... that is still very manageable.

We have played 6 games since the break, we play today and then have 6 more for 13 games in 13 days in three times zones.

Cervelli will sit due to day game after night game and I wouldn't be surprised if Polanco or Cutch sits as well.

These guys need to rest and there will never be a good time for it.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

I hate to bring this up, but I've not been impressed with Cutch's swings this series. Am I looking to hard or have others noticed this as well?
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

5D7F6C717277707F5C6B7D7D711E0 wrote: I agree ... I am worried about Hurdle's day-game lineup. Probably time to give Marte and Polanco a day off.

Cervelli and McCutchen need a day off more than Marte. McCutchen has been in a bit of a slum, might be an opportune time to get him a day off.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Great win! Seemed like a Pirate game in reverse. Brewers had a chance to put game away in top of 9th and ran themselves out of the inning. Then Hughes lets game get away in 10th. Nice to be on the other side of that stuff now. Good pitching, timely hitting!

Big game today. I realize Stewart will catch day game after night game. Otherwise, Hurdle needs to put his best team on the field. They were all off a week ago. They don't need to rest every week. Winning trumps resting. I hope Hurdle figures that out today.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Cervelli needs rested and needs to sit with the coaches to go over what to do on a bunt when while on third base. I was shaking my head on that one. I have no idea why he ran home. It wasn't a squeeze play and the thirdbaseman wasn't letting him get a huge lead. I was at the game, but wonder what Bob Walk was saying. Cervelli needs to go talk to Walk.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Hughes has been very good for the Brewers before yesterday. I try to walk the fine line between rooting for him and not rooting for anything Brewer ever.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Lineup

Marte

Harrison 3B

McCutchen

Bell

Polanco

Frazier 2B

Moroff SS

Stewart