The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This one is gonna sting if we don't comeback and win. I felt pretty good facing Davies tonight seeing how much success the Pirates have had against him in his career. This is a game that needs to be put in the win column and hopefully still can.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs comeback again and tie the game in the 9th inning off Knebal. Top of the order up in the 10th with a chance to walk it off and cut the lead in the division to 4 games and jump over the Cardinals in 3rd place.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Max with clutch finish.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Good stuff what a great win. Let's finish it off tomorrow afternoon.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Max The Man!

WOW!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Maxwell Smart just 86ed the Brew Crew!!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

In the span of 2 weeks Moroff has gone from sub-.100 hitter to Pirates cult hero!

Absolutely incredible.

What is happening with this team? No way in the world I could have seen a 10 of 12 stretch coming for this club. No way.

We HAD to have 3 of 4 so tomorrow is no longer a "MUST" win but man it sure would be nice to finish it off and close this to 3 games.

Great performances tonight by Cole and the bullpen and Cervelli and our boy Max.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I still think it's an important game to win tomorrow. A win gets you to .500 at 48-48 and if you're gonna make a move in this division you have to at least get over .500 and stay there. Plus, this West Coast trip coming up is gonna be tough and you need to win as many of these games as possible before heading out West. Huge difference being only 3 games out as opposed to 5 games out now.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

10372622273A05312627273A430 wrote: I still think it's an important game to win tomorrow. A win gets you to .500 at 48-48 and if you're gonna make a move in this division you have to at least get over .500 and stay there. Plus, this West Coast trip coming up is gonna be tough and you need to win as many of these games as possible before heading out West. Huge difference being only 3 games out as opposed to 5 games out now.

Not just important - this is a critical game.  Rarely do games this big come along. I said at the beginning of this homestand that 6-1 had to be the goal.

Lose today, slip back to 5 games behind the front of the division and we're going to feel the let down of 2 incredible weeks of baseball to cut a 7 game deficit all of 2 games. Cut the lead to 3 games and everything is possible.

How about this - a 5 game deficit means Neal does nothing.  A 3 game deficit forces his hand, or they lose even more fans.

The first 6 games set the stage for this one huge opportunity.  Gotta get it done today.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

303721292730777B02252F232B2E6C212D2F420 wrote: I still think it's an important game to win tomorrow. A win gets you to .500 at 48-48 and if you're gonna make a move in this division you have to at least get over .500 and stay there. Plus, this West Coast trip coming up is gonna be tough and you need to win as many of these games as possible before heading out West. Huge difference being only 3 games out as opposed to 5 games out now.

Not just important - this is a critical game.  Rarely do games this big come along. I said at the beginning of this homestand that 6-1 had to be the goal.

Lose today, slip back to 5 games behind the front of the division and we're going to feel the let down of 2 incredible weeks of baseball to cut a 7 game deficit all of 2 games. Cut the lead to 3 games and everything is possible.

How about this - a 5 game deficit means Neal does nothing.  A 3 game deficit forces his hand, or they lose even more fans.

The first 6 games set the stage for this one huge opportunity.  Gotta get it done today.

I really hope we don't get Hurdled with today's lineup.