The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

They were struck pretty solid, yes. They said it was only the 4th time all season he has allowed multiple base runners in one inning. That is amazing. How'd the lowly Pirates end up with best reliever in the game? Have to commend Nova for getting through this game. He was getting hit hard and often early in this one.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

One was a comebacker that he almost caught but it bounced off his glove into foul territory half way up the third baseline. The other was a clean base hit to right field.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Do you think Harrison could have gotten to the one if Rivero hadn't smacked it into foul territory?  I think it would probably have got through the infield for a hit anyway.
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

515453555D574E535A494F423B0 wrote: Do you think Harrison could have gotten to the one if Rivero hadn't smacked it into foul territory?  I think it would probably have got through the infield for a hit anyway.
It liked Harrison was shaded towards the middle. It seems as though he would have gotten to it
notes34

Post by notes34 »

717473757D776E737A696F621B0 wrote: Do you think Harrison could have gotten to the one if Rivero hadn't smacked it into foul territory?  I think it would probably have got through the infield for a hit anyway.
I wondered that myself. Harrison was cheating toward second, but I'm not sure if he gets there or not.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Since July 1st, the Pirates have been pretty hot. The only downside is that they only gained one game on the Brewers. They were six games back on July 1st. Now, they are five games back.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

7B70787471706B2E285F667E777070317C701F0 wrote: Since July 1st, the Pirates have been pretty hot.  The only downside is that they only gained one game on the Brewers.  They were six games back on July 1st.  Now, they are five games back.

Yeah, the Brewers were pretty hot just before the ASB. But after tonight, we'll either be 4 of 6 games back.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The other downside is (I think) that we haven't really gained on the Cubs or the Cards, either. Also, the top teams in the wild card hunt are all on win streaks (Arizona actually has only won one, but has also made a move to strengthen it's weak spot).
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6560676169637A676E7D7B760F0 wrote: They were struck pretty solid, yes. They said it was only the 4th time all season he has allowed multiple base runners in one inning.  That is amazing.  How'd the lowly Pirates end up with best reliever in the game?  Have to commend Nova for getting through this game.  He was getting hit hard and often early in this one.

I've watched Rivero quite a bit since he was acquired . Looks to me unless hitters go the other way , he's pretty close to untouchable. I just hope Hurdle eases off a bit as I think he's a bit over used. As far as how did we end up with him ? IMO , incredible and probably little luck involved ?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Bryant leaves game with apparent hand injury

Bryant's left hand slid into the foot of Braves third baseman Johan Camargo in the top of the first inning and he looked to be in a good amount of pain as he walked off the field. Tommy La Stella entered to man the hot corner for Chicago in the bottom of the first. There should be an update soon from Atlanta.