Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5C7C6F72731D0 wrote: Link?

A lot of reports of the Yankees not offering any real prospects.

The Yankees are known to hoard their prospects too. Known to over hype them as well. Reports also say they are still negotiating.

Is it possible a trade will be made during 4:30-7:30 Sunday in the PM?

Twitter. It's real simple.
Where are you seeing that. Who are you following? I'm seeing the Pirates want Torres and the Yankees are offering Frazier.

Heyman was reporting either yesterday or two days ago, it was Frazier plus for Cole.
9 month’s ago Frazier was a top 20-30 prospect in all of baseball. I understand there are some questions about him today and argue he’s not equal value for Cole. But it’s silliness to say he’s no longer a real prospect now after 130 AB’s.

I'm with you. However, technically, he isn't a prospect anymore. Maybe that is what he is going on. Remember, I don't defend him much, if any.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

64747542545458370 wrote: Link?

A lot of reports of the Yankees not offering any real prospects.

The Yankees are known to hoard their prospects too. Known to over hype them as well. Reports also say they are still negotiating.

Is it possible a trade will be made during 4:30-7:30 Sunday in the PM?

Twitter. It's real simple.
Where are you seeing that. Who are you following? I'm seeing the Pirates want Torres and the Yankees are offering Frazier.

Heyman was reporting either yesterday or two days ago, it was Frazier plus for Cole.
9 month’s ago Frazier was a top 20-30 prospect in all of baseball. I understand there are some questions about him today and argue he’s not equal value for Cole. But it’s silliness to say he’s no longer a real prospect now after 130 AB’s.

I'm with you.  However, technically, he isn't a prospect anymore.  Maybe that is what he is going on.  Remember, I don't defend him much, if any.

It’s truly splitting hairs not calling Frazier a prospect. He had less AB’s in 2017 than Bell had in 2016. Yet Bell was still considered a prospect and had rookie status in ‘17.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Forgetting about the trade specifics for a second, what's everyone's feelings on Frazier?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I only use Twitter on my phone. I can't post links. I follow a lot of baseball beat writers in major cities.

No new news on Cole trade, but a lot of reports on how the Yankees over value their prospects and over hype them and never give up so much in trades. It makes sense as the Yankees are known to take on salary in exchange for players.

I like Frazier. Frazier and one other for Cole would be fine with me. But then they need to unload everyone else too.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

4F444C4045445F1A1C6B524A4344440548442B0 wrote: Cole and prospect for Houston`s 1b AJ Reed / 3b Moran or Davis.

That could work assuming we move Cutch..Just kick Bell back to RF .

lineup

Harrison 2b

Marte cf

Bell RF

Reed 1b

Polanco lf

Moran or Davis 3b

Cervelli /Diaz c

Mercer ss

That`s a line up to cheer for . Give Meadows a full season in AAA...Then next year move Marte or Polanco if needed or even Meadows for a arm. Luplow could be the 4th and get plenty of AB

The Pirates have been pretty clear they aren't moving Bell to RF. They have said it numerous of times and didn't even consider it in 2017.

And there it is, folks.

When the Pirates say something that Dog likes, then it's:

"Didn't you see the Pirates said..."

And when they say something he doesn't like, it's:

"That's just GM speak. They all do that."
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I didn't like that they said that about Bell. I was all for moving Bell to RF last year. The Pirates said they weren't and they proved they weren't since it didn't happen. They had plenty of opportunity as they never had a back up outfielder. Bell played a lot of RF in High School and the Minors.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

61535F5F4B795A535E5B5453320 wrote: Forgetting about the trade specifics for a second, what's everyone's feelings on Frazier? 

Frazier 1to1 isn't enough (I don't believe that's what's on the table either)

It appears our ask was Torres  +  instead of Frazier + and the yanks ended up resigning CC.   Appearances can be deceiving, but I've seen too many reports of NH's asks pushing the other side away to not believe them.    Sometimes NH appears to be flat out targeting the wrong player, but the value on paper is close (Walker trade), most other times he just sounds like he's afraid to make an actual deal to me.  Anyone can ask for the moon...  I.E. Anyone can offer $15k on a $24k new car

I'd love for someone else to have a shot at GM if we're selling. If we're buying, I'm OK with leaving NH in place because it's HIS TEAM he's adding to. That probably doesn't make sense, but that's my take on it
timozbuck

Post by timozbuck »

I’d love to see Frazier, Adams and a lottery ticket type.

4E474F5E502A0 wrote: Forgetting about the trade specifics for a second, what's everyone's feelings on Frazier? 

Frazier 1to1 isn't enough (I don't believe that's what's on the table either)

It appears our ask was Torres  +  instead of Frazier + and the yanks ended up resigning CC.   Appearances can be deceiving, but I've seen too many reports of NH's asks pushing the other side away to not believe them.    Sometimes NH appears to be flat out targeting the wrong player, but the value on paper is close (Walker trade), most other times he just sounds like he's afraid to make an actual deal to me.  Anyone can ask for the moon...  I.E. Anyone can offer $15k on a $24k new car

I'd love for someone else to have a shot at GM if we're selling.   If we're buying, I'm OK with leaving NH in place because it's HIS TEAM he's adding to.    That probably doesn't make sense, but that's my take on it
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Nothing about Frazier's numbers jive with his scouting report.  Supposedly this kid has a lightning fast bat.   His k/bb ratio troubles me because it doesn't make sense with his scouting report.

I haven't seen him play an inning,  but what I'm reading and his stat line doesn't make sense.   He shouldn't have been overwhelmed like he was with A+ Uber bat speed.   I think he should have failed a different way than K'ing that often if the report was true

So what is the story, if anyone has seen him would like to offer a thought?
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

060F071618620 wrote: Nothing about Frazier's numbers jive with his scouting report.  Supposedly this kid has a lightning fast bat.   His k/bb ratio troubles me because it doesn't make sense with his scouting report.

I haven't seen him play an inning,  but what I'm reading and his stat line doesn't make sense.   He shouldn't have been overwhelmed like he was with A+ Uber bat speed.   I think he should have failed a different way than K'ing that often if the report was true

So what is the story, if anyone has seen him would like to offer a  thought?

I will take the bait and hope I don't embarrass myself. I never had a swing coach but in high school I wanted to add power and I went to a stroke like Frazier--a short, quick, heavy resistant swing through the strike zone. It worked--for power. The problem for me was bat control, hitting the other way, and covering the strike zone.

By contrast, google Adam Frazier's swing. It is looser, fluid, capable of hitting any pitch, anywhere. Clint's swing is extremely quick through the strike zone. I have no idea how it will translate in the major's and over time. He might have to take a step backwards and make a few adjustments before he moves forward. I would guess, if his swing stays the way it is, he will be a true streak hitter.