4/15 game: Glasnow vs Arrieta

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Great comeback win. Encouraging start for Glasnow.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

717660686671363A43646E626A6F2D606C6E030 wrote: Watson struggled again, but SO of Russell and the Buccos WIN

What a great win!!

Watson gave up two weak grounders and a hr that was on the end of the bat that wouldn't have gone to the warning track on a normal day. I am growing tired of him walking someone every inning, though.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The Cubs aren't winning 100 this year. 

If Glasnow could become dominate, the Pirates could hang in!
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

its one game

but tell me it doesn't have the feel of a potentially season or at least short term trend changing win there..

comeback, clinch the series,

be 5-6 instead of 4-7

Cubs 6-5 instead of 7-4

last year cubs at one point were 17-5 to start season, think about that a little bit......

its a marathon folks

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Well if the Pirates were going to catch the Cubs in the standings this season they needed to beat them head to head. So far through two games mission accomplished.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

We have now won more games in Wriggley than we did all of last year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The key is Glasnow - he showed the potential that has been promised. He's the key to this season IMHO - he could give the Pirates a REALLY good rotation!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I know we go to St Louis after this series and I just noticed the Cards are now 3-8 on the season and are really struggling big time. Let's hope we can finish this series sweep off at Wrigley tomorrow with Taillon and then go into St Louis and continue to bury the Cards in the standings. I know the Reds are off to an 8-4 start but I don't see that lasting over the course of the season. So very good to win this series at Wrigley with a chance to sweep tomorrow now.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: The key is Glasnow - he showed the potential that has been promised. He's the key to this season IMHO - he could give the Pirates a REALLY good rotation! I agree VA we both been saying this for awhile. If Glass Case can carry over a lot of what he did today and put it together for a full start the next few times out which he is capable of doing the Pirates are going to be in a pretty good spot.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

great win again 2 in a row maybe we don't suck as bad as I thought :D :D