Managerial Candidates???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

467478786C5E7D74797C7374150 wrote: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 1910010147

I like Kendall's lobbying for the job but he has absolutely managing or coaching experience. Might consider him for a MiLB coaching job or some sort of scouting position. But his old boy attitude does not sit well with me and I think that it could be more of the same.
PMike

Managerial Candidates???

Post by PMike »

715058715A52350 wrote: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 1910010147

I like Kendall's lobbying for the job but he has absolutely managing or coaching experience.  Might consider him for a MiLB coaching job or some sort of scouting position.  But his old boy attitude does not sit well with me and I think that it could be more of the same. 

I would not be in favor of Kendall as the manager. I have heard some rumors (that I trust) that he was not a good clubhouse guy in his latter career. Especially in conjunction with Brian Giles.
SammyKhalifa

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I too have heard that he's not exactly very personable
dmetz

Managerial Candidates???

Post by dmetz »

1D2F23233705262F2227282F4E0 wrote: come on now, anyone who wants to be a big league manager but isn't would love to have the job.

I thought that's what I said?

Who wouldn't want a managerial job where you don't have to win anything to keep it? It would be a very good manager position for someone looking for job security. Very low expectations
sgrx

Managerial Candidates???

Post by sgrx »

One guy that I would really like to see get into managing is Billy Ripken. I really enjoy him on the MLB Network and the way he breaks down the game.
DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing. His reply was a definite Yes. He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

Being a Leyland protege who knows. Maybe he could do it. But first and foremost no matter who they hire, NH, FC and the entire scouting and development head honchos need to go.
Bobster21

Managerial Candidates???

Post by Bobster21 »

0B2A220B20284F0 wrote: Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing.  His reply was a definite Yes.  He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

Being a Leyland protege who knows.  Maybe he could do it.  But first and foremost no matter who they hire, NH, FC and the entire scouting and development head honchos need to go.
There's an article about that in the PPG. Wehner was asked if he would like the job and he said yes. But he added he made his choice to go into broadcasting after 3 years as batting coach for Altoona and has no other coaching and no managing experience. So altho he would love the job he seems to know it's not a realistic hope. It would be nice if they gave him an interview though.
SammyKhalifa

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

05242C052E26410 wrote: Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing.  His reply was a definite Yes.  He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

Being a Leyland protege who knows.  Maybe he could do it.  But first and foremost no matter who they hire, NH, FC and the entire scouting and development head honchos need to go.

This will be NH's last chance. Maybe he can refurbish the entire system and ways of thinking this offseason after all of the bad signs lately. We'll see I guess--it wouldn't be TOTALLY unheard of but we'll see.

UtahPirate

Managerial Candidates???

Post by UtahPirate »

00323E3E2A183B323F3A3532530 wrote: Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing.  His reply was a definite Yes.  He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

This will be NH's last chance.  Maybe he can refurbish the entire system and ways of thinking this offseason after all of the bad signs lately.  We'll see I guess--it wouldn't be TOTALLY unheard of but we'll see. 

The tough part of any change is getting Nutting to open his wallet.

There are some pieces for next years team, maybe a couple of trade chips, but we are going to need some FAs (especially pitchers). And not guys who are on their last leg and trying to revive their careers.

Can NH get Nutting to be part of that refurbish? NH doesn't survive by his typical tweaks and trims. More money into the MLB roster is their (the whole lot of them, including beggarly Bob) only option from my view.
notes34

Managerial Candidates???

Post by notes34 »

0E2F270E252D4A0 wrote: Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning and heard them ask The Rock if he would be interested in managing.  His reply was a definite Yes.  He stated that managing was his dream job.

My thoughts on Wehner:

That's interesting I like the Rock.