7/27 Game Thread Cole versus Mariners...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Love JHay. But thank goodness he hit the brakes after rounding 3rd. He was a sitting duck at home.

Jordy brings him in. 1-0 Pirates.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Good to see Cutch with a big RBI double. Pirates should have scored more.

3-0.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

This as been a fun one to watch....
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

excellent game tonight nice to see cutch get going and cole pitched a great game,now lets go on a roll and be buyers at the deadline
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

2103100D0E0B0C03201701010D620 wrote: This is where Cole has to be better.

He's clearly not an elite No. 1.

Problem is, I'm not even sure he's a regular No. 1 right now.

I would say a typical Cole outing, when he's going good, is 6 or 7 innings while allowing 2 or 3 runs.

That's fine, but it's just not good enough.

He needs to mature into the shut-down No. 1 starter that we all thought he would be.

I hope that starts tonight.

Giving up 2 runs and hitting 100 pitches in 5.2 innings -- which feels like a typical Cole outing these days -- just isn't good enough.

Best start of his career.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Congrats to Cole!

FANTASTIC START.

That's what I (and all of us) have been waiting for.

I'm sure he can't be THAT good every time out, but maybe he can dominant on a regular basis.

Great, great performance.

And also awesome to see Cutch have a big night.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

644655484B4E49466552444448270 wrote: Congrats to Cole!

FANTASTIC START.

That's what I (and all of us) have been waiting for.

I'm sure he can't be THAT good every time out, but maybe he can dominant on a regular basis.

Great, great performance.

And also awesome to see Cutch have a big night.
great to have a game like this. Kang, Cole and Cutch were great.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

25293B3B2A3D2B3B2E2926480 wrote: excellent game tonight nice to see cutch get going and cole pitched a great game,now lets go on a roll and be buyers at the deadline

What do we buy though? The pen is stablized. The lineup and bench have no holes (especially if we replace Jaso with Bell). And I'm becoming even more suspicious that the Glasnow "injury" was a convenient way to get him out of a bad outing and limit his innings for the stretch run (they didn't even MRI his shoulder). I don't know if there are upgrades out there for us...we have some young arms that we could ride just like the Mets last year. Including Brault, I'm already getting the popcorn started for Friday.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I guess Cutch shut my mouth tonight. Good to see him have a good game. Cole was dominant and in total control. That's what we needed last October! This was a great game to watch and actually relax
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4375746368697361426F7373000 wrote: excellent game tonight nice to see cutch get going and cole pitched a great game,now lets go on a roll and be buyers at the deadline

What do we buy though?  The pen is stablized.  The lineup and bench have no holes (especially if we replace Jaso with Bell).  And I'm becoming even more suspicious that the Glasnow "injury" was a convenient way to get him out of a bad outing and limit his innings for the stretch run (they didn't even MRI his shoulder).  I don't know if there are upgrades out there for us...we have some young arms that we could ride just like the Mets last year.  Including Brault, I'm already getting the popcorn started for Friday. If that is true about the Pirates "faking" the Glasnow injury just to save his innings for the rest of the season it's absolutely ridiculous. I think Glasnow will be fine once he cleans a few things up. Let's see what Brault can do this weekend and hopefully Kuhl's injury isn't serious as well so that we can maybe pick up one more starting pitcher and use one of these guys as the 5th starter moving forward. Ill keep pointing it out that John Jaso has turned into Lyle Overbay part II and I just don't see why the Pirates continue to run him out there everyday when you have Bell ready to go.