3/24 Game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

3/24 Game thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would like to see both Evans and Difo make the Opening Day roster, but I think both will end up at the alternate site.
DemDog

3/24 Game thread

Post by DemDog »

Can you believe it, the Bucs are 11-10 right now. I ain't gonna last but I think we will see some exciting play from some of the kids and I hope a Polanco ready to have a career year so BC can unload him at the deadline.
WildwoodDave2

3/24 Game thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: This has all the looks of what the starting lineup is going to be. Difo PH, I'm guessing we're also getting an idea of who's going to be on the bench.

5 IP for Brubaker, 3 hits, but 2 leave the yard.

He had 6 Ks and 1 BB.  51 of his 72 pitches went for strikes.  It would be 1-0 Bucs if the Braves Austin Riley was not in the lineup.  His 2 mammoth dingers account for all the Braves runs off Brubaker.

One more thing.  I think Matt Capps is tired of Block's BS and rumbling on off-topic. 

Weather is so lousy here in Wildwood. First time I have watched an exhibition game in it's entirety. Overall I thought the pitching was decent.Braves didn't have most of their starters.
fjk090852-7

3/24 Game thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4A6B634A61690E0 wrote: Can you believe it, the Bucs are 11-10 right now.  I ain't gonna last but I think we will see some exciting play from some of the kids and I hope a Polanco ready to have a career year so BC can unload him at the deadline. 
I agree with you I think we will see some exciting play from some of the young players. I am looking forward for this season even though guys like Musgrove, and Taillon are gone, and Brault is injured. Hopefully guys like Keller, and Brubaker take the next step to be reliable pitchers.
johnfluharty

3/24 Game thread

Post by johnfluharty »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote: This has all the looks of what the starting lineup is going to be. Difo PH, I'm guessing we're also getting an idea of who's going to be on the bench.

5 IP for Brubaker, 3 hits, but 2 leave the yard.

He had 6 Ks and 1 BB.  51 of his 72 pitches went for strikes.  It would be 1-0 Bucs if the Braves Austin Riley was not in the lineup.  His 2 mammoth dingers account for all the Braves runs off Brubaker.

One more thing.  I think Matt Capps is tired of Block's BS and rumbling on off-topic. 

I think Capps is doing a good job of injecting his thoughts instead of letting Block ramble. When those 2 did radio the other day, Capps didn't get to say much. Usually Block rambles all game and the color man doesn't get to say much other than respond to what Block is saying. But Capps isn't waiting for Block to talk. As a result, Capps is doing a lot of talking and severely cutting into Block's ability to dominate the broadcast. Which IMO is making this the best Block broadcast ever! He's doing more PBP and less unrelated rambling and Capps is providing whatever commentary he want s without waiting for Block to call on him.

I think this make Capps today's MVP. :) 

And Block seemed interested in what he was saying and listened to him. Honestly, I think Block just feels the need to fill empty air with words. He was a lot less annoying when he was responding to what Capps was talking about instead of rambling aimlessly.
bucs607179

3/24 Game thread

Post by bucs607179 »

6B4A426B40482F0 wrote: Can you believe it, the Bucs are 11-10 right now.  I ain't gonna last but I think we will see some exciting play from some of the kids and I hope a Polanco ready to have a career year so BC can unload him at the deadline. 

Hate to admit this but when I took my first look at their ST record and saw 12-10 (now 12-12) I got excited. I guess hope springs enternal.