3/24 Game thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

3/24 Game thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I believe the Buc- Braves Game is on MLB Network today. Possum will follow with the line-up ( I hope)

Here it is. It is also on AT&T Sportsnet

1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

3. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

4. Colin Moran (L) 1B

5. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

6. Kevin Newman (R) SS

7. Dustin Fowler (L) CF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. JT Brubaker (R) P

Clay Holmes, Chasen Shreve, Nick Mears, Max Kranick, and Braeden Ogle to follow Brubaker in some order
Surgnbuck

3/24 Game thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

This has all the looks of what the starting lineup is going to be. Difo PH, I'm guessing we're also getting an idea of who's going to be on the bench.

5 IP for Brubaker, 3 hits, but 2 leave the yard.
DemDog

3/24 Game thread

Post by DemDog »

436562777E7265737B100 wrote: This has all the looks of what the starting lineup is going to be. Difo PH, I'm guessing we're also getting an idea of who's going to be on the bench.

He had 6 Ks and 1 BB.  51 of his 72 pitches went for strikes.  It would be 1-0 Bucs if the Braves Austin Riley was not in the lineup.  His 2 mammoth dingers account for all the Braves runs off Brubaker.

One more thing. I think Matt Capps is tired of Block's BS and rumbling on off-topic.
Surgnbuck

3/24 Game thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bucs in midseason form, Moran can't plate a guy from third with no outs, but Polanco comes through to drive in Moran
Surgnbuck

3/24 Game thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Atta boy Newman.....a sac fly! Pirates take the lead.
Bobster21

3/24 Game thread

Post by Bobster21 »

73525A735850370 wrote: This has all the looks of what the starting lineup is going to be. Difo PH, I'm guessing we're also getting an idea of who's going to be on the bench.

He had 6 Ks and 1 BB.  51 of his 72 pitches went for strikes.  It would be 1-0 Bucs if the Braves Austin Riley was not in the lineup.  His 2 mammoth dingers account for all the Braves runs off Brubaker.

One more thing.  I think Matt Capps is tired of Block's BS and rumbling on off-topic. 

I think Capps is doing a good job of injecting his thoughts instead of letting Block ramble. When those 2 did radio the other day, Capps didn't get to say much. Usually Block rambles all game and the color man doesn't get to say much other than respond to what Block is saying. But Capps isn't waiting for Block to talk. As a result, Capps is doing a lot of talking and severely cutting into Block's ability to dominate the broadcast. Which IMO is making this the best Block broadcast ever! He's doing more PBP and less unrelated rambling and Capps is providing whatever commentary he want s without waiting for Block to call on him.

I think this make Capps today's MVP. :)
Surgnbuck

3/24 Game thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Stokes was a PR for Reynolds, was the guy thrown out at home. Alford had PR for Polanco. Fowler already in the game.

We already know one of the bench guys will be a catcher, so that leaves three spots. Fowler, Alford, and Stokes are all probably fighting for one spot, and they comprise the OF right now. No doubt Todd Frazier gets a spot. Evans just went into the game, he has to be in the mix too.

Joe Hudson in as catcher. He's had a nice spring at the plate. Interesting he's getting the call here, not Perez or Wolters
Surgnbuck

3/24 Game thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Panda still in the game. Whoda thunk after the Boston disaster, he'd still be playing?
Bobster21

3/24 Game thread

Post by Bobster21 »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: Stokes was a PR for Reynolds, was the guy thrown out at home. Alford had PR for Polanco. Fowler already in the game.

We already know one of the bench guys will be a catcher, so that leaves three spots. Fowler, Alford, and Stokes are all probably fighting for one spot, and they comprise the OF right now. No doubt Todd Frazier gets a spot. Evans just went into the game, he has to be in the mix too.

Joe Hudson in as catcher. He's had a nice spring at the plate. Interesting he's getting the call here, not Perez or Wolters
Earlier today Stokes and Hudson were cut. They're just filling in as warm bodies today.
fjk090852-7

3/24 Game thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nice home run by Nick Gonzales. Our future second baseman.