The Bench for 2017

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

The Bench for 2017

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since the Bucs won't need a fifth stater until the Sunday game against the Braves I wonder if they bring Osuna north for the first five games and then send him down and bring up whomever is the stater who wins the fifth slot in the rotation.

CTBucco

The Bench for 2017

Post by CTBucco »

454948131A131B16110E14230 wrote: Since the Bucs won't need a fifth stater until the Sunday game against the Braves I wonder if they bring Osuna north for the first five games and then send him down and bring up whomever is the stater who wins the fifth slot in the rotation.

He could DH in Boston.
fjk090852-7

The Bench for 2017

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He could play first and Bell could dh. Better defensive first baseman with Osuna.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Bench for 2017

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5A4D5B6C7A7A76190 wrote: Since the Bucs won't need a fifth stater until the Sunday game against the Braves I wonder if they bring Osuna north for the first five games and then send him down and bring up whomever is the stater who wins the fifth slot in the rotation.

He could DH in Boston.

That's a very good point. One would have to think Jaso will be in the line up to start the season. Does Bell DH with Freese at 3B and Jaso at 1B? Osuna could DH over Jaso in the line up.
IABucFan

The Bench for 2017

Post by IABucFan »

545859020B020A07001F05320 wrote: Since the Bucs won't need a fifth stater until the Sunday game against the Braves I wonder if they bring Osuna north for the first five games and then send him down and bring up whomever is the stater who wins the fifth slot in the rotation.

We hear this every year though. They always throw a lot of off days in at the start of the year. Personally, I'm a fan of using the extra off days. I'd go with a five-man rotation right from the start. I like giving our starters extra rest at the start of the year.

That said, I do think it's wise to start with Osuna and option Hutchison, or Kuhl, or Brault. Then, after the Red Sox series, option Osuna and bring up whomever wins the #5 starter's spot.
fjk090852-7

The Bench for 2017

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I doubt they option Kuhl since he appears to be the starter in game three at Boston. They have not yet announced that yet,but I would be very surprised if he didn't start that game. I like the idea of a six man bench for the first five games.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Bench for 2017

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: I doubt they option Kuhl since he appears to be the starter in game three at Boston. They have not yet announced that yet,but I would be very surprised if he didn't start that game. I like the idea of a six man bench for the first five games.

i think Kuhl is a lock to make the team and be in the rotation. I assumed he would start the Home Opener on Friday unless they put Kuhl third in the rotation to start the Thursday afternoon game. That would leave Nova or Taillon to start the home opener.
DemDog

The Bench for 2017

Post by DemDog »

5C575F5356574C090F784159505757165B57380 wrote: I doubt they option Kuhl since he appears to be the starter in game three at Boston. They have not yet announced that yet,but I would be very surprised if he didn't start that game. I like the idea of a six man bench for the first five games.

i think Kuhl is a lock to make the team and be in the rotation.  I assumed he would start the Home Opener on Friday unless they put Kuhl third in the rotation to start the Thursday afternoon game.  That would leave Nova or Taillon to start the home opener.

Dog, you sure have been working hard on making good points on who will or wont make the team. In case you missed it Nova has been named the starter for the Home Opener and it has been public knowledge for the last 4 days or so. You certainly were very busy and you missed that important announcement. ;)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Bench for 2017

5E7F775E757D1A0 wrote: I doubt they option Kuhl since he appears to be the starter in game three at Boston. They have not yet announced that yet,but I would be very surprised if he didn't start that game. I like the idea of a six man bench for the first five games.

i think Kuhl is a lock to make the team and be in the rotation.  I assumed he would start the Home Opener on Friday unless they put Kuhl third in the rotation to start the Thursday afternoon game.  That would leave Nova or Taillon to start the home opener.

Dog, you sure have been working hard on making good points on who will or wont make the team. In case you missed it Nova has been named the starter for the Home Opener and it has been public knowledge for the last 4 days or so.  You certainly were very busy and you missed that important announcement.   ;)

I didn't hear that. Thanks. I assumed Nova would be third in the rotation, but do like the fact he is pitching for the home crowd on Friday. I do have my over priced ticket for the home opener.

Anyway, Kuhl has to be a lock to make the team and the rotation. I bet he starts the Thursday game as well.
DemDog

The Bench for 2017

Post by DemDog »

242F272B2E2F347177003921282F2F6E232F400 wrote: I doubt they option Kuhl since he appears to be the starter in game three at Boston. They have not yet announced that yet,but I would be very surprised if he didn't start that game. I like the idea of a six man bench for the first five games.

Dog, you sure have been working hard on making good points on who will or wont make the team. In case you missed it Nova has been named the starter for the Home Opener and it has been public knowledge for the last 4 days or so.  You certainly were very busy and you missed that important announcement.   ;)

I didn't hear that.  Thanks.  I assumed Nova would be third in the rotation, but do like the fact he is pitching for the home crowd on Friday.  I do have my over priced ticket for the home opener.

Anyway, Kuhl has to be a lock to make the team and the rotation.  I bet he starts the Thursday game as well.

Don't worry about missing stuff like that Dog, nothing you can do about it and it will become more common when you become and Old Fart like me. Sure wish I could be around for that. You and me trading stories in rocking chairs. ;D ;D ;D