What Do You Want The Bucs To Add At The Trade Deadline?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

624754415D565D5C5951350 wrote: I'm not going to argue with anybody about what the Pirates will and won't do, but I don't see how trading a coveted prospect for a controlled young pitcher closes any window.  We have team friendly deals throughout our outfield right now and another low contract hitter coming soon.  I am just proposing shifting our assets from the outfield to the mound.

It's a painful thing for me to contemplate this as a fan as I'm especially fond and protective in my thinking of our outfield personalities and talent. Perhaps too much so as I consider it.

It's difficult for me to be rational but as I have had some time to consider your post I've come to think that you may have a valid point about shifting assets into the area of greater need. Now if only my brain would stop hurting after typing that. :)
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

0622363E3B570 wrote: People keep talking about adding starting pitching but this year's market is either mediocre, injured or controllable, but expensive. There have been better years than this one to need pitching help. 

Excellent points! However this year we happen to need starting pitching more than in recent years.

The question though is what do you want to see the Bucs do at the TD. It doesn't have to be what you think they will do although that's certainly worthy of discussion as well.

I think they're stuck with what they have. the Pirates dont have the horses to trade for Archer unless they give up talent currently in the majors or Glasnow and Meadows. Tehren could be had for less but he'd still take one of those two.

If the young guns aren't looking like they can contribute this year, they could add someone like Jeremy Hellickson or Iwakuma. Neither is sexy, but they should be stabilizing.

I'd also add a bull pen arm although Hughes is looking more like his old self.

So i would add a low profile BP arm to serve as fireman and one starting pitcher. Other than that the team really looks OK.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

715541494C200 wrote: I'm not going to argue with anybody about what the Pirates will and won't do, but I don't see how trading a coveted prospect for a controlled young pitcher closes any window.  We have team friendly deals throughout our outfield right now and another low contract hitter coming soon.  I am just proposing shifting our assets from the outfield to the mound.

It's a painful thing for me to contemplate this as a fan as I'm especially fond and protective in my thinking of our outfield personalities and talent. Perhaps too much so as I consider it.

It's difficult for me to be rational but as I have had some time to consider your post I've come to think that you may have a valid point about shifting assets into the area of greater need. Now if only my brain would stop hurting after typing that. :)

I don't want to trade any of the current outfielders (Marte, McCutchen, Polanco) or Meadows. I also don't think they would be on the market or dealt.

Huntington has always been low key and added quality guys at a low price. Huntington has also scored on his trades too. That is what I expect to happen again.

A veteran Stater and a Bullpen arm.