former Rockies Lefty Starter-Jorge De la Rosa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0111102731313D520 wrote: He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do.  This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.

Once again NH is diving into the dumpster to try and find a gem.  Both with De la Rosa and Pat Light. 

You have stolen my thunder here.   ;D

I'm so sorry SCBucco. I will check with you next time I want to make a relevant post here!!!!! 8-)
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

53727A537870170 wrote: Jorge De La Rosa? For real?

Ironically, he was one of the many players that the Pirates came, "oh so close," to signing like 6 or 7 years ago.  You know, the famous, "very competitive offer," that somehow is never competitive enough.

Now, seven years later when he'll be 36 by the start of the season, coming off his worst season in years, he's still being discussed as an option? 

Maybe we can get Dave Littlefield to negotiate the deal, for old time's sake!
Look at the bright side. The Pirates are only about 10 years away from signing Clayton Kershaw!  :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Indeed!! One of the best lines ever on OBN or anyplace!
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

De la Rosa has signed a minor league contract with the D Backs per MLB Trade Rumors.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

676B6A3138313934332C36010 wrote: De la Rosa has signed a minor league contract with the D Backs per MLB Trade Rumors.
The dream is over. :'(
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Guess the Bucs are going to go with the players on the 40 man roster...Definitely pinching those pennies for all they are worth >:(
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5760766653747B7C7B5254150 wrote: Guess the Bucs are going to go with the players on the 40 man roster...Definitely pinching those pennies for all they are worth >:(

Because they didn't sign De la Rosa?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

At this time it does appear the Bucs are going to fill the rotation with the guys they now have in camp. I believe they want to see what they have with Hutchison and if he fails then Glasnow is the next in line. If both these guys show very little progress as the season progresses they probably hope that somebody like Nick Kingham is pitching very well at AAA ,and he will slot in as number five in the rotation.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

525E5F040D040C01061903340 wrote: At this time it does appear the Bucs are going to fill the rotation with the guys they now have in camp. I believe they want to see what they have with Hutchison and if he fails then Glasnow is the next in line. If both these guys show very little progress as the season progresses they probably hope that somebody like Nick Kingham is pitching very well at AAA ,and he will slot in as number five in the rotation.
Or Brault. Or Trevor Williams.
PMike

Post by PMike »

Jake Peavy would be an interesting name to bring in. I read an article about him yesterday. He was involved in that ponzi scheme thing awhile back. It messed his life up pretty bad. He had to do law enforcement interviews and lawyer meeting almost daily all of last season. He was meeting with FBI agents just hours before he was starting a game. He said it was really distracting. Then, in the fall, he and his wife got a divorce.

He said he will come back to baseball, but for now, he needs to focus on being a 100% invested father. Once things get sorted out, he will be back.

Good article and it made me appreciate him a lot. I'd love to see them sign him when he's ready.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1874 ... -back-seat