former Rockies Lefty Starter-Jorge De la Rosa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Saw on Rotoworld where lefty Jorge De La Rosa will decide his new team early next week. He was linked to the Pirates back in December according to the post below...Sounds like Neal Huntington may be about to reel in that lefty starter for 5th spot in rotation. l recall Bucs after De La Rosa in the past as well...

Beat'em Bucs

Bucs Fan in GA 8-)

Rotoworld...

Jorge De La Rosa is likely to decide on a new club early next week, per Chris Cotillo of SB Nation.

De La Rosa was said to be drawing free agent interest from the Pirates back in early December, but his market has been very quiet since then. The veteran left-hander posted an ugly 5.51 ERA and 108/63 K/BB ratio across 134 innings with the Rockies in 2016. He has stated that he is open to working as a multi-inning reliever
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I remember being interested in him a few seasons ago but isn't he 500 years old?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

14262A2A3E0C2F262B2E2126470 wrote: I remember being interested in him a few seasons ago but isn't he 500 years old?

Wade LeBlanc hates this rumor.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

His Home / Away splits career wise are pretty even too.  He has a lot more wins at Home, less HRs, more Strike Outs.  He actually was a little better at home with most of those games in Colorado. 

I don't know about this.  I'd rather have Brault or see what Hutchison can do. I don't want to sign a lefty just because they are left-handed.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

It would allow Brault, Hutchinson, Glasnow time to get some innings in at Triple AAA. I like lots of options and De La Rosa offers an option.

Time will tell Dog...It might be just a rumor...You know how close to the vest NH plays everything.

Beat'em Bucs 8-)

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0334223207202F282F0600410 wrote: It would allow Brault, Hutchinson, Glasnow time to get some innings in at Triple AAA. I like lots of options and De La Rosa offers an option.

Time will tell Dog...It might be just a rumor...You know how close to the vest NH plays everything.

Beat'em Bucs 8-)

I wouldn't mind him as a BP option
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

He will turn 36 years old in early April. The Bucs do need a lefty in their starting rotation and I am not sure if Brault is the answer. If they can sign him to a contract which will not strap them, I would sign him to see if he can be a pitcher who can give them about 150 innings this season.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5B57560D040D05080F100A3D0 wrote: He will turn 36 years old in early April. The Bucs do need a lefty in their starting rotation and I am not sure if Brault is the answer. If they can sign him to a contract which will not strap them, I would sign him to see if he can be a pitcher who can give them about 150 innings this season.

Should have kept Jeff Locke.

Locke has a better ERA, WHIP, and Walk Rate over their careers. I would not like this move. If it happens, it better be very cheap and able to cut if he doesn't pan out. De la Rosa is coming off a 5 year $57 million deal. I am all for taking flyers, but I would not want a higher contract that guarantees a rotation spot.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Or we could look at Pat Light . . .

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/02/p ... nment.html