Pirates interested in Tampa's starting pitchers?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

30020E0E1A280B020F0A0502630 wrote: Wouldn't those cost controlled years just up the price TB asks for him? This is a really costly time of the year to be a buyer and the perfect time for the seller to get a steal.

But we're currently what, like one game over .500?  If it's just a rental for the rest of the season I'm not so sure that I'm interested. 
What I like about Archer is that it wouldn't be a one year rental. He's under a reasonable contract thru 2021 (age 32) but can be bought out after 2019 if he's not pitching well.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, I like the idea but Archer would demand a haul I imagine centered on Austin Meadows or something like that, even ever this disappointing season.
PMike

Post by PMike »

43717D7D695B78717C797671100 wrote: Yeah, I like the idea but Archer would demand a haul I imagine centered on Austin Meadows or something like that, even ever this disappointing season.
I'd be up for that conversation. That seems like a pretty fair start for both teams.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

5B767B6A6D7C6B2B28190 wrote: Wouldn't those cost controlled years just up the price TB asks for him? This is a really costly time of the year to be a buyer and the perfect time for the seller to get a steal.

But we're currently what, like one game over .500?  If it's just a rental for the rest of the season I'm not so sure that I'm interested. 
What I like about Archer is that it wouldn't be a one year rental. He's under a reasonable contract thru 2021 (age 32) but can be bought out after 2019 if he's not pitching well. 

That could be 3 seasons of bad pitching, and premium prospects traded away. I do not see any chance of the Pirates trading for Archer.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would love to have Archer pitching for the Pirates. He has to be one of the top Starting Pitchers on the market. I just assume Archer would be in demand and be priced out for the Pirates.

I still expect a veteran like Happ and Rodriguez that they traded for in the past. Huntington has never moved a major prospect and has done very well in his trading. I just think Archer (or Teharan) would have huge asking prices.