Pirates interested in Tampa's starting pitchers?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ThePirate

Post by ThePirate »

According to this site:

https://bucconation.wordpress.com/2016/ ... -pitchers/

The bucs have inquired about Tampa's SPs.

I think a move to the NL might do wonders for any of them (Archer, Smyly, Odorizi, Moore).
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

WOW! 2 posts and both come with sourced trade rumors as the topic. Good job. Hey Pirate look into your crystal ball and tell me if I am going to win the Powerball!! ;D
ThePirate

Post by ThePirate »

haha lol, I just follow twitter pretty close :D

Seriously, I think the buccos should get a SP and I think they will. I really like Taillon and Glasnow, but that's tough to build on them to lead us to and in the playoffs, with all the inning limits nowadays.
Piratefanbill

Post by Piratefanbill »

I would love the bucks to try to lure the rays into trading

Chris archer. I would to have him in a pirates uny
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

I think we should just give the kids a chance. We have been waiting for them to come of age, why trade them for rental guys or guys with only one year of arib. left.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

674E52474A454F1A121F132B0 wrote: I think we should just give the kids a chance. We have been waiting for them to come of age, why trade them for rental guys or guys with only one year of arib. left.

Archer would be affordable for years to come.

YR Age

2016 27 $2,916,666 2.156

2017 28 $4,916,666

2018 29 $6,416,667

2019 30 $7,666,667

2020 31 *$9,000,000 $9M Team Option, $1.75M Buyout

2021 32 *$11,000,000 $11M Team Option, $250k Buyout
mouse

Post by mouse »

Wouldn't those cost controlled years just up the price TB asks for him? This is a really costly time of the year to be a buyer and the perfect time for the seller to get a steal.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

517078517A72150 wrote: WOW!  2 posts and both come with sourced trade rumors as the topic. Good job. Hey Pirate look into your crystal ball and tell me if I am going to win the Powerball!! ;D

Why not ask him the winning numbers of the next powerball instead. I can tell you that you will NOT win it without using a crystal ball!

Keep the rumors and inside info coming! I don't ge much opportunity to check other sites. So it is always Nice to get a digest of info and discussion (hopefully)when I check in here
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

52504A4C5A3F0 wrote: Wouldn't those cost controlled years just up the price TB asks for him? This is a really costly time of the year to be a buyer and the perfect time for the seller to get a steal.

But we're currently what, like one game over .500? If it's just a rental for the rest of the season I'm not so sure that I'm interested.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

7A43584B5E4F4C4B44484346462A0 wrote: I would love the bucks to try to lure the rays into trading

Chris archer. I would to have him in a pirates uny

If Tampa was willing to trade him, I do not want him.  A team would not trade a young, cheap pitcher if there was nothing wrong with him, I do not care what prospects you are sending back.

Moore and Smyly might actually have something wrong with them. 

Maybe the Pirates see something in those two. Makes sense to find someone that will be around next year as well.