Official Game Thread - 8/12 - Bucs @ Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/12 - Bucs @ Padres

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:50 am
Well at least you didn't have to wake me up :lol:
I was at work, I was thinking of waking you up, but they just couldn't get another run across in the 9th as I followed on gameday.

Listened to Joe Block on the radio. Does he not realize he has to wrap up whatever thing he's blathering on about before the pitch? I'm tired of hearing him talking, you can hear the ball hit the glove, you hear crowd reaction, all the while Joe is talking about something else. It seems like it's an interruption to him, this thing called the game, when he quickly spits out, "called a strike". Thanks. No pitch type? Location? Speed? Movement? Nothing baseball to comment on?

I already miss Brault and his muppety voice. And I give him way more credit now than I did, because listening to other reporter/color men talk about the job he did, they were all impressed beyond belief because he did it pretty naturally...and he never actually trained for it.

I'm on Brault's side. Brown is still a treas-treas- treasure though.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:29 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:50 am
Well at least you didn't have to wake me up :lol:
I was at work, I was thinking of waking you up, but they just couldn't get another run across in the 9th as I followed on gameday.

Listened to Joe Block on the radio. Does he not realize he has to wrap up whatever thing he's blathering on about before the pitch? I'm tired of hearing him talking, you can hear the ball hit the glove, you hear crowd reaction, all the while Joe is talking about something else. It seems like it's an interruption to him, this thing called the game, when he quickly spits out, "called a strike". Thanks. No pitch type? Location? Speed? Movement? Nothing baseball to comment on?

I already miss Brault and his muppety voice. And I give him way more credit now than I did, because listening to other reporter/color men talk about the job he did, they were all impressed beyond belief because he did it pretty naturally...and he never actually trained for it.

I'm on Brault's side. Brown is still a treas-treas- treasure though.
Of course I disa-disa-disagree about Brown. As for Block, it's obvious he believes his job is to continuously talk more than it is to describe the game. I know he's been criticized for not appearing to care enough about the game. So he overcompensates by screaming when the Pirates get a big hit. That's his attempt to act like he cares even though for most of every inning, he's focused on whatever topic he's going on and on about. So his yelling sounds very phony. But it goes back to team management just not caring about the product. Weak players, weak manager, weak announcing. I know Brown has his fans but I think discontentment with Joe Block is almost universal. But every year, they trot him back out there to annoy the fans all over again.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I missed the game. Pirates in last place now so it's time to get rid of Taylor,Joe ,Triolo and the other catcher. I could name more but... :lol:

Time to transition to Steelers. :P