June 4 Transaction News

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: June 4 Transaction News

Post by Surgnbuck »

Still trying to wrap my head around the Goodrum pick up.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:19 pm Still trying to wrap my head around the Goodrum pick up.
Cherington is like somebody at a flea market. He sees a player no one wants and says, "I'll pick him up. I can always get rid of him if I don't need him." He just can't resist. He's constantly looking in dumpsters for players who are in dumpsters for a reason. In Goodrum's case, he did hit 16 HRs 6 years ago. So even though he's batted .190 since 2020, Cherington saw that glimmer from 2018 and said, "Sure, why not?" I don't think much of Cherington, but I suspect these types of moves are made because of the extreme financial constraints under which he toils. He's always looking for a diamond in the rough. I wouldn't want to be a GM under Nutting. That said, however, Cherington is still a terrible GM.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sounds like a sneaky way to get him to Bradenton where they can keep him out of sight so he can continue to work on things.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

I can’t for the life of me figure out why we dumped Contreras and Jose Hernandez ( a 6’6” lefty who could throw upper 90’s) for the likes of Heller, Santana, Bruil etc etc
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Last edited by 3pirates3 on Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Lamb exercised his out clause and Goodrum elected free agency.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, Pirates fans were clammoring for him to be brought up, me included simply because of not thinking he was the savior, but change for the sake of change to try something else.

It's interesting Tellez has really come on and looking at Jake Lamb's stats, it's a good thing. Jake Lamb has become Jake Lamb. He's been putrid for over a month, his slash line benefitting from an insane April.

Once again, we were wrong, the Pirates were right in sticking with Rowdy. Tellez isn't the savior, but Lamb certainly isn't an upgrade.

All that said, going forward, if Rowdy regresses once again, we're still searching for someone to provide consistent AB's at first. I'll be surprised if Lamb gets picked up on anything more than another minor league contract with an opt out date. He really has no where to go barring some teams injury plague.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Now is the time to trade Tellez !!!!