Official Game Thread - 5/13 - Bucs @ Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

3pirates3

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/13 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by 3pirates3 »

B. Reynolds

Home - .205/.303/.359 (3 RBI in 21 games)
Away - .302/.394/.488 (16 RBI in 21 games)

vs. LHP - .327/.386/.558
vs. RHP - .223/.336/.366
Last edited by 3pirates3 on Tue May 14, 2024 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Finished watching the last couple innings where I had shut the game off, via replay.

Someone needs to tell Kevin Young, John Wehner, Matt Capps, Neil Walker they don't need to puff up guys like Tellez anymore. Brown is starting to see he has some leash now, and unleashing some very pointed criticism. You would never hear Brown say, "This could be the defining moment for Tellez." This is when the Pirates, after starting the top of the ninth with a Reynolds HR, his fifth hit of the night, followed by a Cruz double, a Suwinski walk, and a perfect sac bunt by Nick Gonzales to move Cruz and Suwinski up into scoring position.

Infield drawn in. Tellez works it to a 3-2 count, only to whiff on a hanger RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.

Why is Shelton bunting here anyhow? OH, that's right. Got to give Tellez a freaking unopposed layup to plate another run. So the genius that is Shelton takes the bat out of the hand of a guy who stung the ball a couple times already this game against a pitcher who clearly wasn't at the top of his game today.

The predictable happens. Tellez strikes out. BUT THERE'S MORE!!!!

While constructing a lineup today that had a hot bat sitting the bench in the person of Connor Joe, Shelton puts Triolo right behind Tellez in the batting order. Triolo has almost been the right handed version of Tellez. He was charged with an error, the one that opened the flood gates in the bottom of the 8th. I see in the final box score, it has since been changed to a hit, the post game show had it still as an error, and it was still an error going into the ninth because they mentioned on the broadcast about when the last time the Pirates had three errors in an inning. Sorry Jared, that was an error. At least he made a stellar defensive play for the final out of the game.

I shut the game off after the grand slam. Woke up wouldn't you know during the replay almost right where I shut it off. Fleming had a clown show behind him with Triolo and Cruz with back to back errors. That grand slam never should have happened. Know what though? After seeing the merry go round of bases loaded walks against the Cubs on Saturday, I give Fleming credit for at least challenging Jake Bauers on the 3-2 count. IMHO, you are in a situation not really of your making. I think walking a guy there for a run is the worst thing that could happen because Saturday is certainly fresh in every pitchers mind. He challenged, he lost. But he certainly was aware that they would still have the lead.

Great job by Stratton coming in to put a stop to the carnage. Shout out to Bednar who really grinded it out, but got the job done. Keller another quiet hero because even though he went unscathed on the scoreboard, he had to battle all but one inning.

Nice to see Taylor with the bunt hit, that was a joy of an inning to watch.

Fire Shelton. DFA Tellez

Raise the Jolly Roger!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

3pirates3 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:50 am B. Reynolds

Home - .205/.303/.359 (3 RBI in 21 games)
Away - .302/.394/.488 (16 RBI in 21 games)

vs. LHP - .327/.386/.558
vs. RHP - .223/.336/.366
Thank you- 3pirates3 that's quite a difference in both areas
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Greg Brown continues to yuk it up in every inning. I don't see this in any other MLB broadcast. I switched to the Brewers' broadcast late in the game and was rewarded with laugh-free announcing.

But at least Brown is showing signs of frustration with the team. Surg mentioned some of it. Last night Brown mentioned that Cutch had led off consecutive games with HRs last month and was on the bench the following day. He started to mention Dejan Kovacevic's question to Shelton about Joe not being in the lineup (see my earlier comments) but the 3rd out was made just as Brown brought it up and he didn't continue with it the next inning.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

As ugly as we have looked we're only 4 games under .500. It just feels like it should be more like 10 under.