Excitement

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Excitement

Post by IABucFan »

Anybody else getting really excited for this new season to start? Tonight, for once in my life, I was caught up on all of my office work, so I sat down and watched some highlights from 2014-2015 on MLB.TV. I really think we're going to have something special this year. I fully expect bounce back years from McCutchen and Cole. I think Marte and Polanco continue to improve. If Cervelli stays healthy, he should have a better year. Ditto Kang. Taillon up for a full year, and Nova. Hopefully, Glasnow figures some things out. I think the bullpen will be pretty solid.

Yes, there are certainly questions around the 2017 PBC. Personally, I'd really like to see Jason Hammel signed for a one year deal. But, IMHO, we'll be competing with three, maybe four, teams for two WC spots.

I can't wait for ST!
mouse

Excitement

Post by mouse »

Does anyone know what day the equipment trucks leave Pittsburgh? I would guess late this week but can't find anything about it. To me, that's the real beginning of spring training and yes, I'm excited.
DemDog

Excitement

Post by DemDog »

I've been rooting for this team for so long that waiting for ST to begin is just a routine thing in my life. But am I excited? You can bet your sweet arse I am. So excited in fact that I plan on watching at least 2 of the games I recorded from last season later this afternoon and into the evening before I turn on the "Puppy Bowl" 8-)
fjk090852-7

Excitement

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I get excited when spring training begins. I think of it also that even though we are still in winter that spring weather will soon arrive. I always hope that this could be the year that the Bucs return to the World Series for the first time since 1979.
CarolinaBucco

Excitement

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I am starting to get excited ... but I want more pitching. THEN I'll get really excited.
Quail

Excitement

Post by Quail »

Excited?- Very!!

Optimistic?- Not so much.
notes34

Excitement

Post by notes34 »

496D797174180 wrote: Excited?- Very!!

Yeah me too. I think the back end of this rotation is going to completely tank.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Excitement

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

55544F5E48080F3B0 wrote: Excited?- Very!!

Yeah me too. I think the back end of this rotation is going to completely tank.

I disagree. I am excited and optimistic. I expect a young arm to surprise us and be better than Morton and Locke of seasons past.
SCBucco

Excitement

Post by SCBucco »

I won't get too excited until we add another competent arm to our rotation, not a reclamation project as well as find a full time first baseman. To be blunt, there is no reason for excitement when I can't be optimistic on the looming season. We have done nothing in the offseason, absent resign Nova to suggest we are better.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Excitement

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1E0E0F382E2E224D0 wrote: I won't get too excited until we add another competent arm to our rotation, not a reclamation project as well as find a full time first baseman.  To be blunt, there is no reason for excitement when I can't be optimistic on the looming season.  We have done nothing in the offseason, absent resign Nova to suggest we are better.

Josh Bell is the full time first baseman.

Turning the rotation over and players maturing have them in a better place now than the start of 2016.