Royals' payroll surpassed $130M....

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Sign Hammel to a very reasonable $16M for 2 years.

The burning Q: will the Pirates allocate $100M!

Such a sad commentary.....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Royals spent $40 million more last year on their payroll than the Pirates.

They only finished 2.5 games better and missed the playoffs too.

rucker59@gmail.com

3B30383431302B6E681F263E373030713C305F0 wrote: The Royals spent $40 million more last year on their payroll than the Pirates. 

I know you're just kidding around, but you don't want to go there....
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

202B232F2A2B307573043D252C2B2B6A272B440 wrote: The Royals spent $40 million more last year on their payroll than the Pirates. 

The Pirates got more wins per dollar than Royals last year. Therefore if the Buds would have spent just 12 million more dollars they would have won the pennant. I used Mr. Spock logic to figure that out.
PMike

Post by PMike »

6364727A7463242851767C70787D3F727E7C110 wrote: The Royals spent $40 million more last year on their payroll than the Pirates. 

notes34

Post by notes34 »

6760767E7067202C557278747C793B767A78150 wrote: The Royals spent $40 million more last year on their payroll than the Pirates. 

I assure you he isn't joking around.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I am not joking. The Royals wasted a lot of money. I would rather spend smart money than just spend money in general. People will rip on the Pirates but then praise the Royals on their spending. It just doesn't make sense.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6F646C6065647F3A3C4B726A6364642568640B0 wrote: I am not joking.  The Royals wasted a lot of money.  I would rather spend smart money than just spend money in general.  People will rip on the Pirates but then praise the Royals on their spending.  It just doesn't make sense. 
KC had won the WS the previous year and was in the WS 2 years in a row. In the process, they had increased payroll from a Pirate-esque minuscule to middle of the pack. Their spending last year was consistent with an org that was serious about maintaining their status as a serious WS contender. You can now look back in hindsight and say they got less per $ than the Pirates. But at least KC tried. The Pirates-who haven't won a WS since 1979-didn't.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

0E232E3F38293E7E7D4C0 wrote: I am not joking.  The Royals wasted a lot of money.  I would rather spend smart money than just spend money in general.  People will rip on the Pirates but then praise the Royals on their spending.  It just doesn't make sense. 
KC had won the WS the previous year and was in the WS 2 years in a row. In the process, they had increased payroll from a Pirate-esque minuscule to middle of the pack. Their spending last year was consistent with an org that was serious about maintaining their status as a serious WS contender. You can now look back in hindsight and say they got less per $ than the Pirates. But at least KC tried. The Pirates-who haven't won a WS since 1979-didn't.

They won the World Series with a $112 million payroll.

I know why their payroll is higher now, they won and paid their players who helped them win it all. I don't blame them. The Phillies did the same thing. I think the Royals might be like the Phillies the next few years.

You can't think they did a good job with their payroll last year? They increased it big time and were a .500 team. It is more proof that spending money just to spend doesn't mean winning. People, me included, wanted the Pirates to build on their 98 win season. The Royals tried to build on their 2015 season and failed too. But its ok, they spent money!

If the Pirates win it all, I could care less what they spend for many years later if they lose. But the Royals passing $130 million doesn't mean they are making smart decisions.
rucker59@gmail.com

3A31393530312A6F691E273F363131703D315E0 wrote: I am not joking.  The Royals wasted a lot of money.  I would rather spend smart money than just spend money in general.  People will rip on the Pirates but then praise the Royals on their spending.  It just doesn't make sense. 

They won the World Series with a $112 million payroll. 

I know why their payroll is higher now, they won and paid their players who helped them win it all.  I don't blame them.  The Phillies did the same thing.  I think the Royals might be like the Phillies the next few years. 

You can't think they did a good job with their payroll last year?  They increased it big time and were a .500 team.  It is more  proof that spending money just to spend doesn't mean winning.  People, me included, wanted the Pirates to build on their 98 win season.  The Royals tried to build on their 2015 season and failed too.  But its ok, they spent money! 

If the Pirates win it all, I could care less what they spend for many years later if they lose.  But the Royals passing $130 million doesn't mean they are making smart decisions.   

Hammel is a smart decision. Would have been smart for the Pirates.