Boston sports team caught taping opponent's plays, signals.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Is Bill Belicheck on their coaching staff too? This is awful since they even said they know the rules about stealing signs.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

There's got to be some kind of penalty, right? That's pretty brazen.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I think I saw they justified it by saying the Yankees cheat as well. Obviously the Pirates do not do this sort of thing -- at least not this way. Do you know what an iWatch costs?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Seriously. Did you hear the new iPhone is going to be like $1500?!?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

This had to be a quick relay to the hitters. Some pitchers are so fast to the plate once they get a sign. According to Buster Olney on Twitter, the complaint was sent in on July 18th.

Rob Manfred said it is unlikely that wins will be taken away as the result of the sign stealing is questionable. I also don't think any team has ever had wins taken away from them. But that would be the biggest punishment compared to fines or losing draft picks.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

69626A666362793C3A4D746C656262236E620D0 wrote: This had to be a quick relay to the hitters.  Some pitchers are so fast to the plate once they get a sign.  According to Buster Olney on Twitter, the complaint was sent in on July 18th. 

Rob Manfred said it is unlikely that wins will be taken away as the result of the sign stealing is questionable.  I also don't think any team has ever had wins taken away from them.  But that would be the biggest punishment compared to fines or losing draft picks.

I hardly if ever agree with taking away wins. Seems like a fake penalty. What's over is over.

I was thinking more of a suspension to offending coaches/players comparable to a PED suspension.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Fine them $100M and they will think twice about doing it again...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5A6864647042616865606F68090 wrote: This had to be a quick relay to the hitters.  Some pitchers are so fast to the plate once they get a sign.  According to Buster Olney on Twitter, the complaint was sent in on July 18th. 

Rob Manfred said it is unlikely that wins will be taken away as the result of the sign stealing is questionable.  I also don't think any team has ever had wins taken away from them.  But that would be the biggest punishment compared to fines or losing draft picks.

I hardly if ever agree with taking away wins.  Seems like a fake penalty.  What's over is over. 

I was thinking more of a suspension to offending coaches/players comparable to a PED suspension. 

You don't think the whole team knew about it? How do you suspend the whole team? At least nine players (the line up), the guys on the bench relaying the sign, and the trainer knew. If it wasn't the same line up in the games questioned, that is even more players.

wvbucco might be right. Fine them hundreds of millions of dollars. Something that will hurt. Just because the Yankees caught them doesn't mean they didn't do it against other teams.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I would say take away draft picks, and some sort of fine appropriate to impress the importance of playing more or less fair.