Roster moves.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Roster moves.

Post by Bobster »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:57 pm We keep recycling players from the minors who are not part of the future. Why in the hell are you bringing up Alika Williams to replace Cutch. Bring up Cook, Yourke, Davis, Ashford. Cut Grandal, Heller, Send Triolo down
Barely a day goes by when we are not given a reminder as to why this is one of the most poorly run franchises in MLB. Cherington must have CSD (common sense detector) algorithm in his analytics computer system and any idea that seems logical is filtered out and dismissed.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:34 pm
JollyRoger8 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:57 pm We keep recycling players from the minors who are not part of the future. Why in the hell are you bringing up Alika Williams to replace Cutch. Bring up Cook, Yourke, Davis, Ashford. Cut Grandal, Heller, Send Triolo down
Barely a day goes by when we are not given a reminder as to why this is one of the most poorly run franchises in MLB. Cherington must have CSD (common sense detector) algorithm in his analytics computer system and any idea that seems logical is filtered out and dismissed.
What else could it possibly be? :roll:
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

My question involves two players:
1. Have you heard anything regarding the progress regarding Johan Oviedo
after his Tommy John and if he would be able to return sometime next season.
2. How serious was Nicky G's injury and any word on his possible return?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:40 pm My question involves two players:
Nicky G is supposed to be starting a rehab assignment soon. I saw an update dated Agust 7th, from Kevin Gorman on Trib Live, that said he would be joining Indianapolis next week (which would have been last week) and starting a rehab assignment the week after that (which would be this coming week). I heard Dan Zangrilli on the radio the other day saying he's resumed all baseball activities, but is not running.

Oviedo is throwing 105 feet from flat ground.He should return next season at some point, but given the trajectory of most TJ surgeries, it would probably be towards the summer, but who knows?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:19 pm
Nicky G is supposed to be starting a rehab assignment soon. I saw an update dated Agust 7th, from Kevin Gorman on Trib Live, that said he would be joining Indianapolis next week (which would have been last week) and starting a rehab assignment the week after that (which would be this coming week). I heard Dan Zangrilli on the radio the other day saying he's resumed all baseball activities, but is not running.

Oviedo is throwing 105 feet from flat ground.He should return next season at some point, but given the trajectory of most TJ surgeries, it would probably be towards the summer, but who knows?
https://youtu.be/zbs73a-ARlc?si=9M_ytlW5I0Dqd55B
GhostOfPitthorn

Post by GhostOfPitthorn »

Pirates are selectingg the contract of OF Billy McKinney from Indianapolis. A corresponding move to the 40 man roster will need to be made to add McKinney to the roster.
GhostOfPitthorn

Post by GhostOfPitthorn »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:19 pm

Thanks for the update.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

GhostOfPitthorn wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:13 am Pirates are selectingg the contract of OF Billy McKinney from Indianapolis. A corresponding move to the 40 man roster will need to be made to add McKinney to the roster.
I am surprised by this move. Possibly there was a promise when McKinney signed last offseason that he would get some time at the MLB level. There are currently a few hitters doing better at Indy than him.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

This is just another example of not trying to win. No way McKinney should be brought up over Cook, Yourke or Davis
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:10 am This is just another example of not trying to win. No way McKinney should be brought up over Cook, Yourke or Davis
I'm sure Cherington's analytics team evaluated the wind, the tide, the next full moon and McKinney's shoe size and concluded that he was the best possible roster addition. These guys are smart. They don't make mistakes.

:D :D :D
There's no basement in the Alamo.