Roster moves.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Roster moves.

Post by Bobster »

Nothing earth shattering.

Falter to 15-day IL. 29-year old Brent Honeywell recalled from Indy. He was pulled from a dumpster in February and has a 4.85 ERA in 31 relief appearances for Indy this year. Justin Bruihl was DFA'd.

Henry Davis completed his rehab and has been optioned to Indy instead of rejoining the Pirates.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
JollyRoger8

Re: Roster moves.

Post by JollyRoger8 »

BC has stated that improvement will come from within as a reason to not be aggressive at the trade deadline. Meanwhile yet another outstanding starting pitching performance this time by Ortiz has gone to waste. I find it rather comical that he talks about inside improvement yet he decided to release Miguel Andujar who is currently hitting over .300 and playing good defense as an OF in Oakland. Think we could use his bat now BC?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:51 am BC has stated that improvement will come from within as a reason to not be aggressive at the trade deadline. Meanwhile yet another outstanding starting pitching performance this time by Ortiz has gone to waste. I find it rather comical that he talks about inside improvement yet he decided to release Miguel Andujar who is currently hitting over .300 and playing good defense as an OF in Oakland. Think we could use his bat now BC?
Contreras pitching well for the Angels. No surprise, he was starting to pitch well for the Bucs before he was dumped.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Bae seems to be getting "Andujard" this season. `I`m ready for a shake up , this team isn't ready for the next step. Taylor, Olivares and the catcher guy,trade or release , Jack and Triolo down. Up Bae , any new OF they can come up with. Bobby Dalbac go get him change of scene ETC. Just do something ? Im telling Hayes in offseason he needs to work on 1B and 2nd low energy MF. Cutch :(
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Doc

Post by Doc »

So Oliveras is the odd man out. I thought Taylor would've been released.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:04 pm
When you have a guy with options you use it. It would have been a bad move just releasing Taylor. Neither of them have provided much, but Taylor can add some defense. It's not like keeping Taylor over Olivares is hurting the team.

I'm glad they finally added a pitcher.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:04 pm
Addition by subtraction. Oliveras is a fringe player who was overused by the Pirates. KC traded him to the Pirates in exchange for Deivis Nadal, an infielder who batted .218 and .212 the previous 2 years at Bradenton. That's how little KC valued him. But Olivares has started more games in RF than any other Pirate. And he's batting .224. Between Olivares, Taylor and Suwinski, that's 3 OFers who shouldn't start. Taylor at least can provide late inning defense but he's used more than that. Olivares couldn't even do that.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »